'I Am Adam Lanza's Mother'

Apr 2012
And I agree. I'm just not certain what can be done in that regard.

It would be too expensive and disruptive to have to submit to a mental health evaluation with every purchase. And yet we see that simply checking a box on a federal form is usually totally ineffective. Either there are no outward effects of the illness at the time, or the sale is more important to the retailer.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
The problem Friday from what i see is parents not getting help for their child and allowing him access to the guns. The father is rich they should have had him in a program since he has had problems socializing

Apr 2012
I think we need to look at how many vaccines these kids are getting pumped up with at one time. There is a link between autism and vaccines...I read somewhere they give up to 9 shots at one time.

Not to mention all the pharmaceuticals they're given...
I also if we will see problems from kids forced on Ritalin to make them manageable for teachers

Jul 2006
Dead
I also if we will see problems from kids forced on Ritalin to make them manageable for teachers
Yep...kid's a little fidgety at school, must be something wrong with him...dope him up.

Couldn't possibly be that the poor kid is just bored to death with all the bullshit indoctrination....

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
valid location
I think we need to look at how many vaccines these kids are getting pumped up with at one time. There is a link between autism and vaccines...I read somewhere they give up to 9 shots at one time.
The protocols these days for vaccines are crazy. I got my kids vacced on a delayed schedule, and we never allowed more than two shots in a day...if that. But they still have autism. It's not the vaccines.

What happened is that many kids who seem normal up to about 18 months sometimes start showing symptoms of autism about that time--about the same time they give a bunch of shots. But that tendency exists whether they are vaccinated or not. The accusation was that mercury in the vaccine preparations was giving kids, but mercury has been taken out for the last several years, but the rate of autism has not been reduced.

There is more evidence for other risk factors, though none of them has proven to be silver bullet.

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119

NO, there is NOT!

Andrew Wakefield's study in The Lancet in 1998 began the concern about MMR and autism. Since the study was published, 10 of the 13 authors have retracted the findings. In 2010, The Lancet retracted the study, citing ethical misconduct on the part of Wakefield. For more information about his study and how it has been disproved, read: The "Wakefield" Studies: Studies Hypothesizing That MMR Causes Autism by Dr. Paul Offit, MD, FAAP, Chief of Infectious Diseases and Director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
MMR Vaccine

One of the problems with this misinformation is pertussis has returned and its gaining steam in large part because parents are not getting their kids vaccinated.

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119

NO, there is NOT!

Andrew Wakefield's study in The Lancet in 1998 began the concern about MMR and autism. Since the study was published, 10 of the 13 authors have retracted the findings. In 2010, The Lancet retracted the study, citing ethical misconduct on the part of Wakefield. For more information about his study and how it has been disproved, read: The "Wakefield" Studies: Studies Hypothesizing That MMR Causes Autism by Dr. Paul Offit, MD, FAAP, Chief of Infectious Diseases and Director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
MMR Vaccine

One of the problems with this misinformation is pertussis has returned and its gaining steam in large part because parents are not getting their kids vaccinated. Pertussis is contagious.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
valid location
Yep...kid's a little fidgety at school, must be something wrong with him...dope him up.

Couldn't possibly be that the poor kid is just bored to death with all the bullshit indoctrination....
He's not bored with indoctrination (kids receive indoctrination just fine). School has changed, though, with a lot less moving around and a lot more sitting at your seat and cooperative learning. These are learning situations that favor girls rather than boys. Very active boys really suffer under that system. But it's not indoctrination--it's reading in Kindergarten instead of first grade. Less recess, more instruction. More concentrated effort earlier.

Jul 2006
Dead
The protocols these days for vaccines are crazy. I got my kids vacced on a delayed schedule, and we never allowed more than two shots in a day...if that. But they still have autism. It's not the vaccines.

What happened is that many kids who seem normal up to about 18 months sometimes start showing symptoms of autism about that time--about the same time they give a bunch of shots. But that tendency exists whether they are vaccinated or not. The accusation was that mercury in the vaccine preparations was giving kids, but mercury has been taken out for the last several years, but the rate of autism has not been reduced.

There is more evidence for other risk factors, though none of them has proven to be silver bullet.
Here's a list of some....

how do you get autism | 10 Suspect Causes of Autism & Learning Disabilities | Rodale News