I ask myself if this is necessary... a lube job for quoting John 3:16

Jun 2011
N/A

Hmmmmmmm....
‘For God So Loved The World’ For A $19.99 Oil Change?

You can read that article at the link above, but I have ported both videos here as well:

[video=youtube;xdIGP1Di0dI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdIGP1Di0dI[/video]

Pretty darned humourous for a few seconds at 2:25....

[video=youtube;oe_689SxhCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_689SxhCI[/video]

So, I read the article and watched the videos and agree that this is all completely legal.

Morally, I find it reprehensible. "You only get a discount if you cowtow to my faith".

Have we really come this far in America?

So, let's put the shoe on the other foot for a minute and let's ask:

What the news would look like if the couponhad said instead :

Quote Surah V, v. 51 for a lube job

(Surah V, v. 51 (Kuran): O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and Christians for friends.) ??

I wonder how many Christians or Jews would be really pissed off, say, if the muslim owner asking for the quote from Surah V, v. 51 was offering a 90% discount on a $40.00 lube job, meaning with the quote, said lube job costs only $4.00.... for you see, this would also be his good right to run such an advertising campaign.

The owner of the shop said it is his right to do this and I agree with him.

But I question his taste in doing this.

There was a time in the history of our world where people were thrown out of restaurants and hotels and trains (or better put, forced onto other trains heading for a final destination) etc.... for their religion.

Heads up to JMG for the tip.
------------------------------

What say ye?

Last edited:

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
It is outstanding.

I just knew YOU would stop by and be wildly gentle with me.
Anyone can walk in there and get a discount for knowing the 3:16 phrase. That is a deal, be you of faith or knowledge, or simply saw it on a sign at a college football game and remembered it.

Reactions: Christopher
Jun 2007

Hmmmmmmm....
‘For God So Loved The World’ For A $19.99 Oil Change?

You can read that article at the link above, but I have ported both videos here as well:

[video=youtube;xdIGP1Di0dI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdIGP1Di0dI[/video]

Pretty darned humourous for a few seconds at 2:25....

[video=youtube;oe_689SxhCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_689SxhCI[/video]

So, I read the article and watched the videos and agree that this is all completely legal.

Morally, I find it reprehensible. "You only get a discount if you cowtow to my faith".

Have we really come this far in America?

So, let's put the shoe on the other foot for a minute and let's ask:

What the news would look like if the couponhad said instead :

Quote Surah V, v. 51 for a lube job

(Surah V, v. 51 (Kuran): O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and Christians for friends.) ??

I wonder how many Christians or Jews would be really pissed off, say, if the muslim owner asking for the quote from Surah V, v. 51 was offering a 90% discount on a $40.00 lube job, meaning with the quote, said lube job costs only $4.00.... for you see, this would also be his good right to run such an advertising campaign.

The owner of the shop said it is his right to do this and I agree with him.

But I question his taste in doing this.

There was a time in the history of our world where people were thrown out of restaurants and hotels and trains (or better put, forced onto other trains heading for a final destination) etc.... for their religion.

Heads up to JMG for the tip.
------------------------------

What say ye?

so what who cares what they make them quote and better yet who cares what you think is reprehensible for what a free citizen and business owner is doing. if it is a bad thing then his business will suffer and he will find that out and act accordingly. The subject of faux outrage has been broached on other threads and it seems to have carried over. This is a non issue.

Jun 2011
N/A
so what who cares what they make them quote and better yet who cares what you think is reprehensible for what a free citizen and business owner is doing. if it is a bad thing then his business will suffer and he will find that out and act accordingly. The subject of faux outrage has been broached on other threads and it seems to have carried over. This is a non issue.
It is not faux outrage, especially on my part, only to you when it is a topic with which you have a disagreement.
But if you find it a non-issue, then you don't need to stop by and certainly you don't need to waste your time and this website's bandwidth with a non-comment.

Jun 2007
It is not faux outrage, especially on my part, only to you when it is a topic with which you have a disagreement.
But if you find it a non-issue, then you don't need to stop by and certainly you don't need to waste your time and this website's bandwidth with a non-comment.
oh I have plenty of time. I don't disagree with the topic. I just find it funny the "outrage" you display. Reprehensible indeed!

Jun 2011
N/A
oh I have plenty of time. I don't disagree with the topic. I just find it funny the "outrage" you display. Reprehensible indeed!
There is no outrage on my part. You are trying to attach an emotional element here that simply does not exist.
In fact, in the original posting, I even indicated that I agree that what the owner of the shop is doing is absolutely legal.

Jun 2007
There is no outrage on my part. You are trying to attach an emotional element here that simply does not exist.
In fact, in the original posting, I even indicated that I agree that what the owner of the shop is doing is absolutely legal.
yes, hence the faux outrage . Thanks for confirming.

Jun 2011
N/A
yes, hence the faux outrage . Thanks for confirming.
Apparently, you and I do not define false outrage the same way. You see, a sane person would recognize as seeing someone completely besides themselves over an issue that really brings their blood to boil.

This issue does not bring my blood to boil. I presented the facts and even asked "what say ye?".

Apparently, to you, an invitation to discussion is false outrage. One thing is for sure, you have wasted my time for the last time. These kind of postings from you are intended to bait, and baiting is a bannable offense. If you are unsure about this, a mod can help you to understand this.