I don't think Trump knows what he's doing when it comes to trade

Jan 2018
Houston, TX
And even though the tariffs have hurt some businesses that got caught in the middle; I support them.
Buying the cheapest isn't always the best when Americans are unemployed.
Part of the reason for the domestic job growth is because of the tariffs.
Screw China and others that dump their cheap products here.
I would rather see my neighbors employed.
I would rather see Americans with jobs.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
And even though the tariffs have hurt some businesses that got caught in the middle; I support them.
Buying the cheapest isn't always the best when Americans are unemployed.
Part of the reason for the domestic job growth is because of the tariffs.
Screw China and others that dump their cheap products here.
I would rather see my neighbors employed.
I would rather see Americans with jobs.
I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

We're a totally different economy today and I'm not convinced that "manufacturing" as we once knew it is even something we want anymore.

Sep 2013
On a hill
Do you know anything?

"Creative services departments".... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Many designers work inside corporations rather than for independent consultancies. While the creative challenges may be similar for both, other aspects of the job tend to be quite different. Perhaps the largest difference is that design teams within a large organization face many operational issues that have a political dimension. The name and emphasis of the in-house department may vary, from Creative Services to Marketing Communications or Corporate Communications, but regardless of the particular focus, it's important for the group to clearly see how they fit into the overall design and communications needs of the enterprise.

The big picture
Depending on the particular company and industry, these needs might include such things as identity development, marketing materials, advertising campaigns, product development, Web and interactive design. Each need comes up with varying frequency. For example, basic identities are not redesigned very often, whereas other needs such as advertising, marketing materials and publications come up on a continuing basis. The in-house design manager must have a good understanding of the full scope of needs as well as the relative volume and priorities.

Next comes the question of how those various needs are met. In some corporations, the in-house design department occupies a central role—managing all creative activity, including the work of outside firms. In other corporations, the in-house team is limited to producing just one category of creative work and all other projects pass it by. The management role tends to be at a higher organizational level. It is more involved in strategy and can generate much higher value for the company by keeping all design and communication initiatives “on brand.”

Managing In-house Departments

and

1. Manufacturing
One of the industries that are hiring graphic designers is manufacturing. Piecing together parts of a product might not sound like an artistic job, but the industry has its creative aspects. Some graphic designers develop the look of the product’s packaging, combining the right images, wording and layout to convert browsers into buyers. Other graphic designers play a role in designing a product that looks good and functions well. Graphic designers who work in manufacturing may have job titles like “industrial graphic designer.”

5 Industries That Are Hiring Graphic Designers