I don't think Trump knows what he's doing when it comes to trade

Mar 2019
TN
Smart businessmen will take advantage of poor trade agreements.

Talking out of both sides of your ass I see !!! At the same time lauding Trump for trying to change the trade deal, then in the most hypocritical fashion possible applauding him for being the hypocrite he is by "taking advantage" of the very trade deal he says he's trying to change ??

Do you truly NOT see the utter irony of your words ??

PS his daughter's company as well as his own clothing lines is probably WHY clothing isn't on the tariff list !!!

Jan 2018
Houston, TX
I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

We're a totally different economy today and I'm not convinced that "manufacturing" as we once knew it is even something we want anymore.
On some items, yes.

Do a study on solar panels and solar panel R&D. Foreign manufacturers dumped their products here and the domestic producers couldn't compete and closed. Then Obama came along and really "screwed the pooch" on that one to make it even worse. He gave people money yet he still allowed China and others to dump their cheap panels here and it all just went to hell. And I wonder how much of that money made it back into DNC coffers? That would be fun to investigate. lol

Same thing happened with the domestic chip manufacturing. So, we are not just talking about old-time manufacturing.

Yet, when it comes to steel manufacturing; things have changed. We have seen the growth of "pocket forges" that has earned domestic manufactures a place in the market where once there wasn't a place for them. But, there are people like me that have to be willing to support domestic producers regardless of the price. So, we negotiate, we find alternatives, we find ways to help domestic producers wherever we can. Why? Because was like to see our neighbors working! I purchase lots of hardware, lots. And I favor domestic products every chance I get. It isn't much; but there are lots of people like me. Now, we are even seeing it written the specifications that the products have to be domestically manufactured. Yea.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
On some items, yes.

Do a study on solar panels and solar panel R&D. Foreign manufacturers dumped their products here and the domestic producers couldn't compete and closed. Then Obama came along and really "screwed the pooch" on that one to make it even worse. He gave people money yet he still allowed China and others to dump their cheap panels here and it all just went to hell. And I wonder how much of that money made it back into DNC coffers? That would be fun to investigate. lol

Same thing happened with the domestic chip manufacturing. So, we are not just talking about old-time manufacturing.

Yet, when it comes to steel manufacturing; things have changed. We have seen the growth of "pocket forges" that has earned domestic manufactures a place in the market where once there wasn't a place for them. But, there are people like me that have to be willing to support domestic producers regardless of the price. So, we negotiate, we find alternatives, we find ways to help domestic producers wherever we can. Why? Because was like to see our neighbors working! I purchase lots of hardware, lots. And I favor domestic products every chance I get. It isn't much; but there are lots of people like me. Now, we are even seeing it written the specifications that the products have to be domestically manufactured. Yea.

I hope you're right.

Apr 2018
oregon
Talking out of both sides of your ass I see !!! At the same time lauding Trump for trying to change the trade deal, then in the most hypocritical fashion possible applauding him for being the hypocrite he is by "taking advantage" of the very trade deal he says he's trying to change ??
Do you truly NOT see the utter irony of your words ??
Incorrect.

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
Stop buying Chinese products. Take some pride in your own country and try to source US made goods. Are the lefts hate of Trump so bad that you're all pleased to sell out your country to China? Stop endorsing and supporting China, you're funding them. Is that too hard to grasp?
You're so right, I will NOT buy another MAGA cap. Or anything out of the Ivanka line. Again.

Oct 2018
WonderfulOregon
You don't know what a matter is?
Or did you mean "What's the matter"?
@labrea

Orangecat seems to have a limited volcabulary -

"Projecting"

[IMG]https://politicalhotwire.com/data/avatars/s/28/28874.jpg?1540596757[/IMG]
I don't think Trump knows what he's doing when it comes to trade

Projecting again, I see. You're way late to the party, but feel free to clean the toilets. Your skillset (SP) is still useful. I love being right, btw:

Mental Images of other members.

I just speak truth. Abstinence works 100% of the time. Do you deny this?

Mental Images of other members.

Projecting again. You must be, considering you know nothing about me and everything about you. How many kids do you have, fabio?

1. [IMG]https://politicalhotwire.com/data/avatars/s/28/28874.jpg?1540596757[/IMG]
    Barr says spying on Trump campaign 'did occur,' but provides no evidence

The only ones whining and crying are the sad sack dems who start threads like this and their projecting cohorts who reply.

Did a search for 'Projecting" member orangecat

This is just page one of two.

It's a catch word for all her rebuttals.

Next - butthurt