"I promise you, we're going to keep on going"

Jul 2011
USA
we will put forward maybe piece-by-piece each component of the bill
Already backtracking. Can't get his jobs bill through.....this clown is the Backpedaler-in-Chief. And why is he willing to piecemeal this thing?

Mr. Obama said during a White House news conference. If Republicans vote against individual elements, the president said, "each time, they're going to have to explain why it is that they'd be opposed."
So he can play political games. I truly think this entire bill is a campaign gimmick, Obama is such a joke.

Obama Pushes for Jobs Bill - WSJ.com

Jan 2011
east coast
Already backtracking. Can't get his jobs bill through.....this clown is the Backpedaler-in-Chief. And why is he willing to piecemeal this thing?

So he can play political games. I truly think this entire bill is a campaign gimmick, Obama is such a joke.

The GOP asked for a plan, Obama gave them one, now it's in their court. I see nothing wrong with picking it apart and whatever the GOP doesn't want, explain yourself why. They don't want to vote or debate on it, cause they know they will be held to to explain their reasons. Why are they so afraid to bring it up for a vote, because they have nothing to counteract with, no jobs plan of their own. GOP is afraid to have their feet held to the fire, they have nothing to offer, so they will filibuster so they don't have to answer for themselves. Just keep Obama from having anything pass that may help the jobs market, or anything else for that matter. Keep Obama stagnant, but they better keep their eyes on their poll numbers, they are the lowest any Congress has ever seen, and the people are fed up, with both parities, but GOP holds more of the angst.

Reactions: Hollywood
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.

Expalin to me why the Repubs would NOT want to expalin their opposition in detail to individual elements of the plan. It would give them the opportunity of publically display their brilliance, the superiority of THEIR ideas. Would it not?

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
It doesn't matter what Obama does the Repubs are going to criticize him. I'm glad to see him calling them on it.

Reactions: jackalope
Jul 2011
A whole lot of the Democrats in the House and Senate don't want the package either...and they don't want to explain why. That's why there has been no real consideration of Obama's proposal to date.

Heck, even Reid knows this package is doomed...it's not surprising that Obama knows it as well. But that doesn't matter to them. It's all about painting the Republicans in a bad light...it's a political ploy. Nothing more.

Now, if Obama were serious about jobs, he would tell his Democrat buddies to consider the Republican proposals...instead of having Reid shelve them in the Senate.

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
The question is how many representatives want to go on record adding to the debt to get the jobs bill passed that may or may not work.

Reactions: Mordent
Oct 2010
A whole lot of the Democrats in the House and Senate don't want the package either...and they don't want to explain why. That's why there has been no real consideration of Obama's proposal to date.

Heck, even Reid knows this package is doomed...it's not surprising that Obama knows it as well. But that doesn't matter to them. It's all about painting the Republicans in a bad light...it's a political ploy. Nothing more.

Now, if Obama were serious about jobs, he would tell his Democrat buddies to consider the Republican proposals...instead of having Reid shelve them in the Senate.
Dems do consider Repub plans..consider them bad for America..

Jul 2011
Dems do consider Repub plans..consider them bad for America..
Actually they don't. They just refuse to consider them. They refuse to put them to a vote.

You should look up how many House bills are stalled in the Senate.

Nope. The Democrats are playing opposition politics in order to sway public opinion against the Republicans. The only thing they gain by doing so is the chance they'll do well in the upcoming election. It's not about jobs for them.

Jul 2011
Even though it would ultimately do great harm to our country, I sometimes think the Republicans should just go along with the Democrats and pass Obama's plan. That would really screw the chances of the Democrats and Obama in the next election. But the Democrats know this and would find some way to avoid passing this crap proposal.