I Regret To Inform You That California Is At It Again

Dec 2006
Mmm, muffins
In Effort to Help Homeless Residents, Sacramento Hires Street Nurses | California Health Report

There they go again, trying to take care of their citizens. Giving away free healthcare to people who can't afford to pay for it? Which liberal fluffhead came up with that stupid idea? They should be locking them up or kicking them out. I tell you one of these days those fruits and nuts are going to fall into the ocean, and then we'll finally be free from their Godless oppression.

‘Gives Our Community Hope’

Before providing critical services, Buccina first works to build rapport with patients. Some homeless residents have had poor experiences with health care providers in the past, and as a result, they often delay seeking medical care until their health becomes an emergency.

“It can take multiple encounters before a patient trusts me enough to accept services or treatment,” Buccina said. “Once I’ve gained their trust, I assess their physical and behavioral health needs.”

Brian was one of those patients. Buccina remembers seeing him from afar when she visited the homeless camp on the Sacramento River. Although he was always respectful, Brian, who declined to give his last name, kept his distance.

“One day while caring for others at the camp, I noticed Brian was bleeding from his ear,” Buccina said. “He looked depressed and scared, and I offered to take him to the ER to get his ear checked.”

Doctors diagnosed Brian with a ruptured eardrum. That initial contact also opened the door for Buccina to help Brian get referrals to an oncologist for his leukemia and a pulmonologist who could treat his pulmonary disease.

“Amanda is a godsend,” Brian said tearing up as Buccina placed a pulse oximeter on his finger to check his oxygen levels. “She’s so efficient and so genuine that people just love her.”
Snowflakes. Back in my day you shoved a dirty sock into your ear and kept working. Only a pussy needs hearing out of both ears.

Dec 2006
Mmm, muffins
BTW, this is intended to be a catchall thread for all the news and stories that make California a great terrible place to live.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
BTW, this is intended to be a catchall thread for all the news and stories that make California a great terrible place to live.
For sure CA has its downsides (mainly housing cost in many areas) and taxes are kind of high, but I would not want to live anywhere else. I think people who hate on Ca are just jealous they don't live here sometimes :)

Dec 2006
Mmm, muffins
Those knuckleheads are guaranteeing their citizens equal access to the internet and preventing ISP's from throttling websites they don't like. That's an attack on the free speech of the cable monopolies! I don't know why more people don't move out of that Godforsaken place. Buncha commies.

A California state net neutrality bill described as the strongest in the country was approved by a key legislative committee yesterday and is close to final passage.

The bill prohibits Internet service providers from blocking or throttling lawful traffic. Requiring fees from websites or online services to deliver or prioritize their traffic to consumers is also banned. It also imposes limits on data cap exemptions (zero-rating), and says that ISPs may not attempt to evade net neutrality protections by slowing down traffic at network interconnection points.
California’s strict net neutrality bill is close to final passage (Ars Technica)

Jan 2007
For sure CA has its downsides (mainly housing cost in many areas) and taxes are kind of high, but I would not want to live anywhere else. I think people who hate on Ca are just jealous they don't live here sometimes :)
California was a paradise. Certainly to visit and vacation. Been there many times. 20 + years ago.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Wow ....

Government trying to fix a problem they created.

Problem creators aren't problem solvers.

Any guesses on how this will work out?