"I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress..."

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Cary, NC -- A remark made by North Carolina Governor Bev Perdue at a luncheon in Cary Monday has caused some controversy in political circles.
Perdue spokesman Mark Johnson confirmed to WRAL that the Governor told a crowd at a Rotary event that partisanship in Washington is keeping Congress from doing their job. She added that lawmakers are too worried about reelection to work together.
Perdue's exact quote that sparked the controversy was, "I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover."

Suspending Election Comment By Governor Bev Perdue Sparks Controversy | digtriad.com

Jul 2011
USA
What Party is Perdue in again? Her opponent Pat McCrory should use this lil tidbit. There are 11 governor seats up in 2012....Democrats trying to defend 8 while Republicans defend 3 in Indiana, North Dakota, and Utah.

Fangs extended.........we smell roasting flesh.

Sep 2011
New York
I think the stress of having to deal with first republican -led state legislature in over a century is really getting to her.
And her staff is trying to pass it off as a joke. The problem with is that she never paused or changed her tone, and she didn't wait for applause or lead up to it. It was a part of her point and she was dead serious.

I know my state's leaders can come up with some really odd stuff every now and then, but this is too much.
And it's not going to help her party. Democrats are already out of favor with many North Carolinians.

Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
B0mbing of the Soviet Union to start in five minutes" - SAINT Ronald Reagan lol he he he ha ha ha lol ha ha halol slap the knee lol ha ha ha ha he he he lol slap knee again !!!!!!! ROFLMAP LOL HE HE HE