I was catcalled today

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Its funny but we used to be terrible in college with the catcalling. Our dorm had a big window in the lounge area and the girls would get in the window and catcall down to the guys walking by. Often they tried to get the guys to come up to the lounge. Some guys loved it and others didn't. The ones that were shy or quiet, the girls would say things like "whats the matter, afraid mommy wont let you come up?" Then of course there were the parties, and the frats/sororities..I am not sure todays kids would survive!! It could get pretty bad.
Kids today can't party like we did. :) I really didn't do the cat calling thing too much...I always had a boyfriend and was only single about 2 1/2 years of my entire adult life. I was involved in a Frat tho..the Little Sisters of Theta Chi and we blew the roof off every weekend in that Frat house. Every month, we would have to purchase furniture at the local Salvation Army, because someone would drag the couch out in the yard and use it for a bon fire. LOL Those frat guys were our friends and I never remember a problem with rape or anything inappropriate. Some girls would drink until they passed out and the guys would take them upstairs, lay them on their stomachs with a garbage can under their face...and never bothered them.

Reactions: 2 people

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
He sounds like a real prize!
He was a cutie, looked like Kenny Chesney. LOL I think he was a young guy prowling a bar where older people hung out looking for a rich divorcee...which was my friend. She went out with him twice and found him a total bore. LOL

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Oh, I know. All they do is snapchat duckface poses of themselves to one another. I'm always surprised when I hear them actually talking over the phone. Or Facetiming, at least. LOL.
I don't get it. I see them snapchatting with what they are eating at a restaurant. Taking pictures of their plates and so forth. Then one time I was at the market and was highly amused watching this young girl grocery shop. Every item she picked up an item, she took a selfie of her posing with it. She looked idiotic but kept the rest of us smiling the whole time.

Reactions: 4 people

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I don't get it. I see them snapchatting with what they are eating at a restaurant. Taking pictures of their plates and so forth. Then one time I was at the market and was highly amused watching this young girl grocery shop. Every item she picked up an item, she took a selfie of her posing with it. She looked idiotic but kept the rest of us smiling the whole time.
I think it's a way to be with your friends without having to be there. If you communicate mostly on the phone or computer (and I'm guilty of this myself) you can turn off people when you want.

It's a buffer. I get that, but what I don't get is the selfie thing. One of the things I like best about the computer is I don't have to get out of my sweatpants and into my Sally O'Malley inside out pants and go somewhere to interact with people. :D

Reactions: 5 people
Apr 2014
Maryland
Kids today can't party like we did. :) I really didn't do the cat calling thing too much...I always had a boyfriend and was only single about 2 1/2 years of my entire adult life. I was involved in a Frat tho..the Little Sisters of Theta Chi and we blew the roof off every weekend in that Frat house. Every month, we would have to purchase furniture at the local Salvation Army, because someone would drag the couch out in the yard and use it for a bon fire. LOL Those frat guys were our friends and I never remember a problem with rape or anything inappropriate. Some girls would drink until they passed out and the guys would take them upstairs, lay them on their stomachs with a garbage can under their face...and never bothered them.
I hate to say this...but they were raping girls then too. Girls didn't report it and were ashamed to.

Jan 2016
Colorado
When I went to college, I joined the I Phelta Thigh fraternity.

:eagerness:

Jan 2016
Colorado
I don't know Babba, ever see women catcalling men? Its way way worse. Women are horrible. Same thing for strip clubs or dance clubs, women are way worse than men.
When I was in my early twenties----some FORTY years ago!-----I had three young women tell me I should become a male stripper. [I was a football player and something of a body-builder.]

I told them I couldn't possibly do that.

"Why not?", they asked.

"I wouldn't want to be responsible for the pandemonium that would break out", I said.

They all laughed at that word, pandemonium.

To this day, I have no idea why.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
He was a cutie, looked like Kenny Chesney. LOL I think he was a young guy prowling a bar where older people hung out looking for a rich divorcee...which was my friend. She went out with him twice and found him a total bore. LOL
Kenny Chesney doesn't scream "cutie" to me.

More like "blah".

libertariat720

Former Staff
Oct 2015
ohio
All joking aside, I'm glad I'm not part of the current generation. They are completely glued to their stupid phone and computers and their is so little actual person to person contact. It's absurd, and many are completely void of social skills.

I wish so many times that I watch someone walk into a tree when they are walking down the street with their head in the phone.
I need to reign in my instincts and let them walk into me and break their phone because they are not looking. Unfortunately the last time that happened I was talking with someone and my instinct made me move out of the way.

Or the dipshits that right in front of your car without looking, or right down the middle of the parking lot while cars are trying to drive oblivious to the world

I work on a college campus, so you see I'm exposed to a lot of this and it drives me nuts. GEt off the F-ing phone and pay attention dipshits!
Seen it happen. It's hilarious.