I was catcalled today

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Guys do it too in the new dating world. I have a friend who I work with and she is 45 and drop dead gorgeous. She is recently divorced and young men tend to be attracted to her. One night we are in this nice bar when a younger guy who was 28 struck up a conversation with her. They exchanged numbers and he left our table. About 15 minutes later she gets a text with a picture of this guys pee pee. She promptly shows us and we are hysterical with laughter and he walks up to the table during this moment and told us he had over 300 selfies on his phone and asked us if we wanted to see them. We told him no, but he proceeded to pass his phone around anyway..the other pics were not of his member, but of him standing in front of the mirror, sitting in a chair, his car, etc.

It truly amazes me what people show each other on their phones. The under 30 or so crowd have no inhibitions at all.

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
All joking aside, I'm glad I'm not part of the current generation. They are completely glued to their stupid phone and computers and their is so little actual person to person contact. It's absurd, and many are completely void of social skills.

I wish so many times that I watch someone walk into a tree when they are walking down the street with their head in the phone. I need to reign in my instincts and let them walk into me and break their phone because they are not looking. Unfortunately the last time that happened I was talking with someone and my instinct made me move out of the way.

Or the dipshits that right in front of your car without looking, or right down the middle of the parking lot while cars are trying to drive oblivious to the world

I work on a college campus, so you see I'm exposed to a lot of this and it drives me nuts. GEt off the F-ing phone and pay attention dipshits!

That's the sad part. They go all out to get a date and then spend the entire date on the phone! We went to a wedding last year and the bride and groom were taking selfies! With the professional photographer and videographer and everyone else with a cellphone they had to take pics too? So weird.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Well its also a question of how people meet anymore. More often than not, guys have to be the bolder one and go after the girl. Years ago when my oldest daughter was in like 9th grade, they had one of those dances where the girls had to ask the boys. All the girls were like "this is way harder than we thought." It kind of opened their eyes to see how hard it was to do. Of course now there are online apps and dating sites for all that. But yea its hard for a guy, how do you know which women like to be hit on and which don't?
Women can be mean about it as well. "Get lost dickhead" instead of saying "No Thanks" Those dating aps seem so unsafe to me. You never know who is at the other side of the keyboard.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Good lord. I remember when you had a Sally O'Malley "I can kick and I can stretch" avatar.
OMG I'd forgotten. Well, Davo, my kicking and stretching days are over.

Now I'm like "I'm Sally O'Malley and I'm 60 and ... what was I saying?"

True story, got home from shopping yesterday (including the wine stop) and realized my pants were on inside out! They were like, stretch pants (in true Sally O'Malley fashion but without the camel toe) so it wasn't that noticeable but now that I think about it, the lady at Kroger may have seen the tag and thought, "I'm going to card her because there's no way that woman's sober".

:glee:

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Women can be mean about it as well. "Get lost dickhead" instead of saying "No Thanks" Those dating aps seem so unsafe to me. You never know who is at the other side of the keyboard.
Its funny but we used to be terrible in college with the catcalling. Our dorm had a big window in the lounge area and the girls would get in the window and catcall down to the guys walking by. Often they tried to get the guys to come up to the lounge. Some guys loved it and others didn't. The ones that were shy or quiet, the girls would say things like "whats the matter, afraid mommy wont let you come up?" Then of course there were the parties, and the frats/sororities..I am not sure todays kids would survive!! It could get pretty bad.

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
Guys do it too in the new dating world. I have a friend who I work with and she is 45 and drop dead gorgeous. She is recently divorced and young men tend to be attracted to her. One night we are in this nice bar when a younger guy who was 28 struck up a conversation with her. They exchanged numbers and he left our table. About 15 minutes later she gets a text with a picture of this guys pee pee. She promptly shows us and we are hysterical with laughter and he walks up to the table during this moment and told us he had over 300 selfies on his phone and asked us if we wanted to see them. We told him no, but he proceeded to pass his phone around anyway..the other pics were not of his member, but of him standing in front of the mirror, sitting in a chair, his car, etc.
He sounds like a real prize!

Reactions: 2 people
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
He sounds like a real prize!
Its funny older people like us think that but some of these young people have all these pics of people. Its one of the things they tell graduates nowadays looking for a job, clean up those social media pages and not send that kind of photo. You never know where a pic like that is going to end up down the road.

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
Its funny older people like us think that but some of these young people have all these pics of people. Its one of the things they tell graduates nowadays looking for a job, clean up those social media pages and not send that kind of photo. You never know where a pic like that is going to end up down the road.
Oh, I know. All they do is snapchat duckface poses of themselves to one another. I'm always surprised when I hear them actually talking over the phone. Or Facetiming, at least. LOL.