"I won't have children due to climate change"

Jun 2019
A red welfare state
I recently finished a book by Douglas E. Richards called Split Second and in the book the movie "Idiocracy" was mentioned early on in the book. Having never seen it and not being familiar with the premise; I watched it on Amazon Prime one late night. I laughed and not just because of the humor. That was within the last few months too. So the humor in the references was still pretty fresh in my memory. Since watching the movie I have become more convinced that the movie was actually prophetic. Every time I hear AOC get quoted; I think of the movie. Same goes with Swalwell, Warren, Schiff, Pelosi, Beto, and Nadler. The only one of the bunch of nuts running for president that seems sane if Mayor Pete. And that exemplifies the really poor state of our present republic! And I am not leaving out a couple of the RINOs and Never-Trumpers too. They are nuts!

In fact, I think it is already too late; we are in the midst of an Idiocracy now.

Sounds like we both had a similar reaction to the movie. I watched it about 6 months ago after reading a tweet that said it was almost like a documentary. However, I don't think about politicians when comparing the stupid people. I think about tRump's ignorant cult followers that applaud him when he says he has fallen in love with a murderous dictator because that murderous dictator wrote him beautiful letters. Then I think about tRump rallies where the crowd chants about Mexico paying for the wall. You get the picture...

I do think AOC is over the top at times, and I do like Mayor Pete. He's sharp.

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
Apparently young adults are being convinced not to have families.
I'd say that young adults have the choice no too, and some choose to do so. 'Convinced' is just condescending and suggests they can't think for themselves.

Maybe it's economic, career goals or in the case of this ding-bat .. it's guilt about destroying the earth.
It is freedom.

That idea was pumped into her head.
Or her choice.

Nov 2015
UK
The poor have always reproduced at a higher rate. As countries develop and advance the birthrate always slows. It seems to me, though, that our advanced development has caused us to use the planet as a toilet. We have contributed more to the degradation of the planet than the poorer countries.
Well, every week, I recycle dozens of wine bottles and countless beer cans, whereas my neighbours only manage a couple of jam jars. Come on people! I can't fix global warming on my own.

Jan 2007
I'd say that young adults have the choice no too, and some choose to do so. 'Convinced' is just condescending and suggests they can't think for themselves.

It is freedom.

Or her choice.
She bought the propaganda about the earth going to die. Good for her. Don't reproduce.

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
She bought the propaganda about the earth going to die. Good for her. Don't reproduce.

Whatever, I don't see how it is your business really. Is she not free to do so? Why do some people always criticise others for simply exercising freedom? Why does it bother you so much?

Jan 2007
Whatever, I don't see how it is your business really. Is she not free to do so? Why do some people always criticise others for simply exercising freedom? Why does it bother you so much?
I'm glad she feels that way. It must be a big deal she was on BBC news. They all seemed to be with her.

Jan 2007
Sounds like we both had a similar reaction to the movie. I watched it about 6 months ago after reading a tweet that said it was almost like a documentary. However, I don't think about politicians when comparing the stupid people. I think about tRump's ignorant cult followers that applaud him when he says he has fallen in love with a murderous dictator because that murderous dictator wrote him beautiful letters. Then I think about tRump rallies where the crowd chants about Mexico paying for the wall. You get the picture...

I do think AOC is over the top at times, and I do like Mayor Pete. He's sharp.
He's the latest new thing.

Last edited: