"I won't have children due to climate change"

Jan 2014
California
LMAO. Non Sequitur. Hmmnm....which out of context word will I use today?
Mr. steezer,

We were discussion how rich countries can afford environmental protections, whereas poor countries can't. You brought up the issue of the Trump administrations rational approach to applying those environmental protections, and as such, has little or nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
I've raised my kids to be tri-lingual, polite, curious, civic-minded and to respect people and knowledge (in that order) above everything.

Sadly, I sometimes suspect they will raise THEIR children to stand stupidly and obediently on a wall and point a rifle at several hundred thousand desperate, impoverished people clamouring at the fences to get in to one of the last few places left with food, water, safety and medical care.

But only sometimes. And I'm certainly not dumb enough to go and be interviewed about it on a tabloid talk show.

Was that seriously on the BBC?

Are they having trouble making rent?

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Dec 2014
NWOHQ

The Australian government offered a 'Baby Bonus' of $6000 (IIRC) at one point in order to raise the birth rate ~ a conservative initiative no less!

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The Australian government offered a 'Baby Bonus' of $6000 (IIRC) at one point in order to raise the birth rate ~ a conservative initiative no less!
Many countries with universal healthcare and social programs are considering it. As its been said, they have to take care of the older workers. I think it was France or Spain who has a system where many retire by age 60 and they said if the number of those having children doesnt go up, they will have to up that age to 70 or even more. Lots of anger at that one!

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
Many countries with universal healthcare and social programs are considering it. As its been said, they have to take care of the older workers. I think it was France or Spain who has a system where many retire by age 60 and they said if the number of those having children doesnt go up, they will have to up that age to 70 or even more. Lots of anger at that one!

Yes, our retirement age was raised from 65 to 67 some years ago, and now 70 has been posited in Parliament.