Idiocracy now

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Not the onion:

The name Harland hasn’t been in fashion for quite a while. The last time it cracked the top 1,000 names for American baby boys was about 70 years ago. Even in 1918—the year in the 20th century that produced the most Harlands—there were only 155 of them born.

The name would likely have maintained its obscurity for decades, perhaps never to return. But Harland might soon make a comeback, thanks to the efforts of, strangely enough, Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Harland is the first name of the fast-food company’s founder (and now mascot), Colonel Sanders, and the company announced on Wednesday that it will award $11,000 to the first baby born on September 9, Sanders’s birthday, bearing the name Harland. Per a press release, the gift of $11,000 is “in honor of KFC’s 11 herbs and spices” and is intended for the newborn Harland’s college tuition.
The Most Dystopian Marketing Stunt Ever?
KFC is promising $11,000 to the first baby named after Colonel Sanders and born on his birthday.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Two potentials here: 1 they hired a 21 year old to do the marketing, 2 the marketing guy who's been there for 32 years (next May) has burned the hell out.

And I love the $11,000 specific amount - very clever how they made that SPECIFICALLY enough to pay for a single semester in community college.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Two potentials here: 1 they hired a 21 year old to do the marketing, 2 the marketing guy who's been there for 32 years (next May) has burned the hell out.

And I love the $11,000 specific amount - very clever how they made that SPECIFICALLY enough to pay for a single semester in community college.
They say it's in honor of their "eleven herbs and spices" in their recipe. But you're explanation is probably closer to the truth.

Poor little Harland's parents will probably spend the money long before it's time for him to go to college anyway. It's more likely he'll be working at KFC instead.

The marketing isn't as disturbing to me as knowing there is no doubt someone will take them up on this offer.

Someone should just name their kid Brawndo and start a go fund me site to raise money for future counseling. I bet they'd get more than eleven grand.

May 2016
california
Could be consider just a bit of fun. And if a semester costs eleven grand at a community college ( you're probably paying too much) then I would suppose the "student" is probably smart enough to figure whether he can pay for the other semesters on his own.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
May 2016
california
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
LMAO @ Idiocracy ....

Your "Idiocracy" has been on a severe losing streak for the last 9 years ....

Did you check the election results for the last 9 years ???

Are you one of those Leftist extremist that believe there is this massive Blue Wave?

Nope ....

I suspect you are another scream at the sky liberal.

I have some safe spaces available.

Email me @ safespace.com