If brought to trial, would Trump be found guilty by a jury of ANY felonies?

If brought to trial, would Trump be found guilty by a jury of ANY felonies?

• Total voters

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Without a charge and evidence, everyone in this country is innocent before the law. You've said before that you are retired LEO, so you KNOW that.
"Before the law" is the key phrase in your argument. In reality is another issue.
Without degrading into a semantics argument here....I would argue that in reality....Holmes was a mass murderer the second he opened fire in the crowded Batman movie years ago with his AR15.
His conviction in court simply made him a "convicted" murderer.

Trump.....right now....is a criminal president in reality.
The fact that he hasn't been charged or convicted has ne bearing on the reality that he is a criminal.

He's already confessed to obstruction of justice when he admitted firing Comey due to the Russia investigation and that is "Evidence" my friend.
His co-conspirator Michael Cohen has named Trump as the director of his felonies...in his pleading in court.......so only legal niceties for a POTUS has kept Trump out of jail already......anyone else but a potus would be in jail right now.
That's just what's known in public now. When Mueller files his report or indictment we will know the full extent of Trump's crimes.....and they will range from many financial felonies to fraud against the USA, to conspiracy to defraud the USA...to you name it!

Let's not get tied down with semantics here Rass......Trump is a criminal, many times over.....in reality.

Last edited:

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
valid location
"Before the law" is the key phrase in your argument. In reality is another issue.
Without degrading into a semantics argument here....I would argue that in reality....Holmes was a mass murderer the second he opened fire in the crowded Batman movie years ago with his AR15.
His conviction in court simply made him a "convicted" murderer.

Trump.....right now....is a criminal president in reality.
The fact that he hasn't been charged or convicted has ne bearing on the reality that he is a criminal.

He's already confessed to obstruction of justice when he admitted firing Comey due to the Russia investigation and that is "Evidence" my friend.
His co-conspirator Michael Cohen has named Trump as the director of his felonies...in his pleading in court.......so only legal niceties for a POTUS has kept Trump out of jail already......anyone else but a potus would be in jail right now.
That's just what's known in public now. When Mueller files his report or indictment we will know the full extent of Trump's crimes.....and they will range from many financial felonies to fraud against the USA, to conspiracy to defraud the USA...to you name it!

Let's not get tied down with semantics here Rass......Trump is a criminal, many times over.....in reality.
But you didn't ask if we thought he was a criminal--you asked if he'd be convicted by a jury. And the answer to that remains unknown. I think OJ did it--don't you?

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
But you didn't ask if we thought he was a criminal--you asked if he'd be convicted by a jury. And the answer to that remains unknown. I think OJ did it--don't you?
Good point but my poll question assumed the reality of both Trump's crimes and the ability of the Mueller team to effectively prosecute those crimes in court.

I think both are fair assumptions.

Yes and OJ was not found innocent.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Please list the felonies you believe he could be charged with and we can discuss.
Late day for you Rev!

Conspiracy to defraud the United States
Obstruction of justice (many counts)
Money laundering,
State and federal income tax evasion in re the Trump Foundation. (being uncovered by NY state AG)

Many others that only Nueller's team has knowledge of.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
valid location
Good point but my poll question assumed the reality of both Trump's crimes and the ability of the Mueller team to effectively prosecute those crimes in court.

I think both are fair assumptions.

Yes and OJ was not found innocent.
No, but he wasn't convicted--at least not of murder.

If you assume all of that, then you answer your own question. I thought you were asking other people what they think. I think it's a ridiculous question until the evidence is laid out competently. We haven't seen that yet. You want us to predict how 12 humans in the future will behave. We don't know. Even with all the evidence presented in a court of law, we still wouldn't know in the period of time while the jury deliberates.

I don't know what you want to accomplish in this thread, but you certainly don't actually want an answer to your question. I gave you one--the only logical one--and your response is to narrow the parameters until we all have to come to the same conclusion you do.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
I was responding to this incorrect post:

Con scholars debate this issue which has never been decided by any court and would require an anti-American decision that puts Presidents above our laws.
If a party refuses to impeach for political reasons.....we are stuck with a criminal president for up to 4 years??
Absurd!!
Bill Clinton clearly committed perjury. The Democrats all voted to not impeach and not remove.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
This is the first time in our history that we have a criminal President being actively protected by a complicit party in control of congress.
The precedent this case will set obviously cannot be that Republican presidents are above our criminal laws for up to 4 years at a time.

That's the argument the GOP would have to make in court.
Two presidents have been impeached. Both were saved from removal by their own party voting against removal in a solid block. Both were Democrats. Clinton clearly committed perjury.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk