If brought to trial, would Trump be found guilty by a jury of ANY felonies?

If brought to trial, would Trump be found guilty by a jury of ANY felonies?

• Total voters

RNG

Jan 2015
Left coast
By the jury maybe, but with Kavanaugh on the big bench now, no matter what he does, he walks.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
By the jury maybe, but with Kavanaugh on the big bench now, no matter what he does, he walks.
Justice Kavanaugh is just one of nine. President Trump hasn’t been charged with treason for a reason... he hasn’t committed treason. Only people who are ignorant of what treason is think he has.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
This is a criminal trial on any federal or state felony he may be charged with.

Thousands of financial crimes, from bribe soliciting to failing to disclose to conflict of interest to outright influence peddling.

Absolutely no question.

But I suspect Americans do not have the stomach to send a POTUS or former POTUS to federal prison.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
You don't know that.
Evidence suggests so, hence Mueller's investigation.

Strictly speaking, Trump could only commit treason (as defined by the constitution) by involving North and South Korea. This is because "a state of war" exists as to no other nations on the planet and the U.S. In 1953, the U.S. and other nations signed a "cease fire agreement, aka an "armistice" with North Korea. This suspended the armed combat without deciding the winners and losers in the conflict. Ergo, technically, "a state of war" still exists between the U.S. and North Korea.

Korean Armistice Agreement

I think Trump has "succeeded" at committing crimes under both U.S. and international law, especially as regards financial matters, involving North Korea, leaving South Korea alienated and insecure.

South Korea Alarmed By US Alliance With North Korea

But what will Congress do? WTF knows. If the Democrats slaughter the Republicans in the midterm elections, there will be a sense of inertia that argues for allowing Trump to complete his term of office, since his chances of being re-elected will be approximately zero. Much as it galls me to admit this, that might be the safest course.

He hasn't succeeded in passing any significant legislation with a majority in both houses of Congress. Without that advantage, he'd be reduced to a placeholder. Might be less harmful to the nation to allow him to run the clock out, rather than to conduct some massive trial. Just trying and convicting Trump's co-conspirators would take 1,000 years.

He's possibly "Too Big To Jail".