If Trump is a dangerous fool in August, why wasn't he a dangerous fool in March?

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
I have made my point on this topic in other places, but it's time to ask the question in its own thread.

A few relevant links. I had some difficulty finding a firestorm against Trump. Waiting for August?

https://www.c-span.org/video/?405959-1/mitt-romney-remarks-donald-trumps-candidacy

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/upshot/measuring-donald-trumps-mammoth-advantage-in-free-media.html

Romney's anti-Trump speech ignites social media debate | Reuters

These Tweets About Mitt Romney's Speech Show the Depth of the GOP Freak-Out | Mother Jones

These Tweets About Mitt Romney's Speech Show the Depth of the GOP Freak-Out

"The GOP is eating itself alive."
Trump and Romney Battle for Soul of Republican Party - Bloomberg Politics

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2016/03/03/the-donald-matches-mitt-romneys-anti-trump-speech-with-an-extended-response

After Mitt Romney laid out his case against Donald Trump in a speech Thursday, the Republican presidential front-runner fired back, as he does, this afternoon.Trump used his afternoon rally in Portland to recall his 2012 endorsement of Romney and give his own post-mortem diagnosis of the former Massachusetts governor’s presidential campaign.
“I heard Mitt Romney made a fairly long speech,’’ Trump said, to boos from his supporters, adding that 2012 was a race Republicans should have won.“He was begging for my endorsement,’’ Trump said. “I could’ve said, ‘Mitt, drop to your knees.’ He would have dropped to his knees.’’

Last edited:
May 2012
By the wall
The left always are predictable. They spend the entire primaries laughing at what a clown show they think the republican candidates are then when we select them all of a sudden that clown becomes the biggest threat to the world since hitler and they go into hate mode.

Sad and predictable.

Dec 2010
Virginia
He was ALWAYS a dangerous fool. Until July he was just YOUR dangerous fool and no one cared if the GOP wanted the world to know that the best they could do was to nominate a narcissistic carnival barker with sociopathic tendencies.
It only became relevant to the rest of us when the GOP tried to foist this ignoramus off onto the rest of us as a viable candidate for high office.

Reactions: 14 people
May 2013
Banned Camp Segregation Unit
He was ALWAYS a dangerous fool. Until July he was just YOUR dangerous fool and no one cared if the GOP wanted the world to know that the best they could do was to nominate a narcissistic carnival barker with sociopathic tendencies.
It only became relevant to the rest of us when the GOP tried to foist this ignoramus off onto the rest of us as a viable candidate for high office.
Marco Rubio and John Kasich are starting to look like Abe Lincoln compared to Trump!

Reactions: 4 people
Jun 2014
United States
Donald Trump was a dangerous fool back in 2011 when he was promoting himself as the King of the Birther movement.

Why the hell would the Republicans nominate such a dangerous fool as their party's presidential nominee?

I'm not a Republican, so I can't really answer that question for you. Ask your comrades.

Reactions: 5 people

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
The left always are predictable. They spend the entire primaries laughing at what a clown show they think the republican candidates are then when we select them all of a sudden that clown becomes the biggest threat to the world since hitler and they go into hate mode.

Sad and predictable.
I have no problem with the press taking sides. I have a problem with moral outrage at a candidate who was the same person before he was nominated and evoked no moral outrage.

Reactions: 1 person
May 2012
By the wall
It's funny how so many people are oblivious to the fact that Hillary is the dangerous one while Trump, at worse, is simply a joke and harmless. Hillary has been embroiled in scandals for decades, she has the insider connections built up from years and years in the government and who the hell knows which multi-national conglomerates she is in bed with. I am far more afraid of Hillary than Trump.

Jun 2014
United States
It's funny how so many people are oblivious to the fact that Hillary is the dangerous one while Trump, at worse, is simply a joke and harmless. Hillary has been embroiled in scandals for decades, she has the insider connections built up from years and years in the government and who the hell knows which multi-national conglomerates she is in bed with. I am far more afraid of Hillary than Trump.

You and kmiller1610 make a helluva team.

The Tinfoil Hat Brigade.

Reactions: 7 people
Jul 2014
Border Fence
You fear Hillary because she will actually propose programs that will benefit people. You are so scared that your overlords will have their taxes raised. How will they survive.

Reactions: 1 person

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
I have no problem with the press taking sides. I have a problem with moral outrage at a candidate who was the same person before he was nominated and evoked no moral outrage.
From whom? Because I (and others) have been kvetching about him since about June 16, 2015.

Reactions: 7 people