If Trump is on the ballot in 2020.....he and his party will lose in a landslide.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
This is sure NOT the first place we hear this.. you yourself has done threads like this now.. what, 3 times, 4 times already ?

And every single time you post the same stuff.. no explanation, no reasoning, just your wishful lala-land thinking being spit out once more.

Well, if what they claim is right in "a course in wonders", and all it takes to make a wish come true is to believe in it and send it out to the universe loud, and clear, and over and over again.. maybe your mantra will actually do something.
I am more of a science believer though...
Fox News does nothing but repeat lies.
I'm on the other side.

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
Biden just told poor minority kids they were as smart as white kids..... that's your front runner.... hahahahahaa

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Before 2018, the GOP seemed pretty confident that Trump would win a second term, most presidents do even after losing the midterms, especially if the economy is good. Afterward, the shifts in the electorate really seem to have spooked some people. Texas is widely seen as a flashing-red siren inside the party, to adapt one piece of analysis.

Trump is underwater against his national approval rating, not just in states that he must win to secure a second term, but states that could cost the GOP the Senate majority ... Iowa and Arizona would do it + probable GOP defeats in Colorado and Maine + no Democrats lose (aside from Doug Jones in Alabama, none are vulnerable).

Even Kansas, which hasn't sent a Democrat to the Senate since 1932, is posing a strategic problem because the most well-known contender for the Republican nomination likely is unelectable in a November 2020 environment and the GOP is pulling out all the stops to deny him the nomination.

But we're still talking about an event that is almost 16 months away. All indications now are likely to radically shift before it's go time. The main conclusion to draw from this information is, with the economy being what it is, Trump has put the GOP in this position and there is zero sign he's willing to change course.

Last edited:
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Not really. The third debate really will narrow the field. Those that dont qualify will find it hard to get any traction at all. The ones in the top 5 today will likely be the final 5. We are 5 months out until the voting begins.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Not really. The third debate really will narrow the field. Those that dont qualify will find it hard to get any traction at all. The ones in the top 5 today will likely be the final 5. We are 5 months out until the voting begins.
I'm having a tough time generating any interest in the 2020 election.(The day after the election the msm will be onto 2024.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I'm having a tough time generating any interest in the 2020 election.(The day after the election the msm will be onto 2024.
I think it kind of stinks in a way. If you look back, a lot of times the one that ends up winning takes a while to do so. Obama took until his second or third debate to gain traction in 2008. But now the debates have certain restrictions so not everyone can debate. So someone who might be able to do better in a smaller field wont get there. At this point its the same 5 in the lead that was started with. Certainly no Obama's there, although maybe someone deeper in the pack could be if they got the chance.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Weren't they saying this same thing 4 years ago and back then they actually had some semblance of a party.

Now they are going back to it...they obviously cannot learn their lesson.

A president never loses with a great economy and according to every single expert there is no chance of the economy tanking before the election.
You have utterly no idea what you are talking about. In fact, recession fears are growing substantially with the intensifying trade war with China, which has now morphed into an even more dangerous currency war. The bond markets have literally been SCREAMING recession for several months now, with inverted yield curves, and not just here in America. Add the rapidly growing risk of a no-deal BREXIT in less than three months, and the outlook for the global economy.....AND the American economy.....is turning decidedly negative.

US recession fears are growing, survey of economists finds - CNN

Jan 2016
Colorado
UHC moves us closer to marxism rather than further away.
The vast majority of democrats support UHC in one form or another.
One of the central tenets of marxism is to take from those with means and give to those with needs.
Oh, you mean like how President Trump is seizing income from urban American workers and taxpayers, and GIVING it to all the farmers who have been greatly harmed by his intensifying trade war with China? There's some massive income redistribution going on, right there.

Jan 2016
Colorado
I agree that by the time the third debate is over, the field will be dramatically narrowed, to no MORE than eight remaining candidates. I don't necessarily agree that the top five now are destined to remain the top five. I think at least one of the so-called second-tier candidates will grab more attention from Democratic voters, and perhaps replace one of the current top five------Bernie Sanders has been consistently dropping in the polls for some months now, you know.

I certainly HOPE the current top five are not the last top five, and I believe you have a good understanding of the kind of more moderate Democratic candidates I would tend to favor.