If Trump preemptively pardons Russiagate suspects.....is that Obstruction of Justice?

If Trump preemptively pardons Russiagate suspects.....is that Obstruction of Justice?

• Total voters

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I say yes because he would be trying to stop an investigation probably leading to himself.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
Border Fence
I say no.

Because it is a remedy allowed by the Constitution. Article II, Section 2, Clause 1

Thank God for the WH Turkey. ...the feathered one, not the other.

Other Turkeys Trump may pardon

Paul Manafort
Jared Kushner
Donald Trump jr

Last edited:

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I say no.

Because it is a remedy allowed by the Constitution. Article II, Section 2, Clause 1

Thank God for the WH Turkey. ...the feathered one, not the other.
But the use of that section by a president/co-conspirator would be corrupt and an attempt to obstruct justice.

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2014
Border Fence
But the use of that section by a president/co-conspirator would be corrupt and an attempt to obstruct justice.
If Trump were found to be a co-conspirator, unfortunately his pardons before that determination would not be retroactively null and void.

If Trump made massive pardons during being adjudicated...then those pardons could ...maybe challenged.

May 2012
By the wall
Remember anyone HE 'PREEMPTIVELY' PARDONS is subject to prosecution as they have 'admitted guilt' to get the pardon. Interesting twist huh?
Not necessarily.

Trump could issue a blanket pardon which doesn't specify a crime, it only says "in case a crime was committed".

May 2012
By the wall
If Trump were found to be a co-conspirator, unfortunately his pardons before that determination would not be retroactively null and void.

If Trump made massive pardons during being adjudicated...then those pardons could ...maybe challenged.
If Trump felt that was a risk he could add himself to the pardon.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
There presently is no way to challenge a presidential pardon.
Funny how this problem only appears when we elect criminal Republican presidents.

Reactions: 1 person