If Trump were to negotiate a true "end" to the korean war and have some success in talks should he be awarded the Nobel peace prize?

Jul 2011
NYC
Simple question.

If Trump were to negotiate a true "end" to the korean war and have some success in talks should he be awarded the Nobel peace prize?

What say you?

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Simple question.

What say you?
If it's for real, I'm more open to that than I was to Obama getting it as a bribe to try to get the US to stop fucking around in the Mideast. NK plays the long game and has been jerking around the rest of the world for decades, so I am not sure how we could even be sure of success with a nation who's been so successfully deceptive for so long.

But it would have to be for real, not one of Trump's "I'm so cool so worship me" tweets.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Rev, had another thought too...

Even if Trump succeeds at peace in a nation that's been at war better than 70 years with us... I wonder if he would actually get it though, since he has built up so much ill will around the world. I'd like to think he would, but I am not sure if the world is ready for Trump the Peace Bringer. lol

Jul 2011
NYC
Rev, had another thought too...

Even if Trump succeeds at peace in a nation that's been at war better than 70 years with us... I wonder if he would actually get it though, since he has built up so much ill will around the world. I'd like to think he would, but I am not sure if the world is ready for Trump the Peace Bringer. lol

So what I am thinking is we gave it to arafat, we gave it to elilah root, kissinger, Tho, annan, would trump really not be in good company?

and really where's ghandi? the prize is worthless but I digress.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
So what I am thinking is we gave it to arafat, we gave it to elilah root, kissinger, Tho, annan, would trump really not be in good company?

and really where's ghandi? the prize is worthless but I digress.
I forgot about that... I guess they have been trying to bribe people with them, long before Obama came around.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I suppose someone might nominate him for accomplishing that. It's kinda far fetched, though.

Jul 2011
NYC
I suppose someone might nominate him for accomplishing that. It's kinda far fetched, though.

So the prize is not about peace but about liberal popularity? If he were to negotiate a peace, have success, end the "war" do you think he should be nominated?

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
If it's for real, I'm more open to that than I was to Obama getting it as a bribe to try to get the US to stop fucking around in the Mideast. NK plays the long game and has been jerking around the rest of the world for decades, so I am not sure how we could even be sure of success with a nation who's been so successfully deceptive for so long.

But it would have to be for real, not one of Trump's "I'm so cool so worship me" tweets.
Verification would probably be the hardest part of the metric. With North Korea's decades long track record of agreements followed by breaking of agreements, how would one know what was truly accomplished without looking back at it years later for verification. That being said, if they were truly denuclearized or brought into the global fold, so to speak, as a result of Trump Administration policies, I'd have no problem with him receiving that award or any other.

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
Kim getting rid of his nukes and setting his people free? Sure, that would justify a peace prize. What do you think the odds are of that actually happening, and not just being the subject of one more of Trump's absurd tweets?

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
"Some success"

I guess we'd need those outlined or achieved before I could say yes.

N.Korea signing the NPT? That might do it.