If "white privilege" is real...

Feb 2018
Texas
Ugh..... I was in college when the term "white privilege" was coined. Most of my classmates were in their early 20's and never questioned the use of that term to make people feel ashamed for being Caucasian. I was in my 50's so that crap didn't fly with me.
I questioned my professors about it and came to the conclusion that some Sociologists make that stuff up simply to justify their job. Two of my three degrees are in Applied Sociology/Sociology however, I call bs on the "white privilege," "silent racism" crap.
It's ridiculous and wrong to purposely make people feel guilty about something they can't change, like their race. Additionally, it's similar to making handicapped people feel bad about being disabled.

I'm in no way ashamed of being white.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Ugh..... I was in college when the term "white privilege" was coined. Most of my classmates were in their early 20's and never questioned the use of that term to make people feel ashamed for being Caucasian. I was in my 50's so that crap didn't fly with me.
I questioned my professors about it and came to the conclusion that some Sociologists make that stuff up simply to justify their job. Two of my three degrees are in Applied Sociology/Sociology however, I call bs on the "white privilege," "silent racism" crap.
It's ridiculous and wrong to purposely make people feel guilty about something they can't change, like their race. Additionally, it's similar to making handicapped people feel bad about being disabled.

I'm in no way ashamed of being white.
What the hell were you doing in college in your 50s??? lol

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Trying to stay out of trouble, lol.
I remember in my college, here in Canada, we had this one grandpa in our Philosophy class, old Jewish guy, I think he was there just for fun, basically (and his grandson also was in the same class, funnily enough lol)

That one was fun. He knew a lot himself. Told lots of great stories :D

Feb 2018
Texas
I remember in my college, here in Canada, we had this one grandpa in our Philosophy class, old Jewish guy, I think he was there just for fun, basically (and his grandson also was in the same class, funnily enough lol)

That one was fun. He knew a lot himself. Told lots of great stories :D
I had attempted college twice before but preferred working outside to sitting inside a building all day. My occupational career includes apprentice lineman/person for a large power company, running heavy equipment for a road construction company, and finally, as a Locomotive Engineer for a Class I railroad. After I left the railroad, I was bored as hell so decided to go to school.

I had a blast and really enjoyed spending time with my young classmates and yes, I got to share a lot of great stories.....whether they wanted to hear them or not :D. We older people have a lot to offer and at least in my case, I was about the only conservative in a extremely liberal department. It gave my young friends a different perspective on issues, plus I enjoyed the same from them.