If "white privilege" is real...

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
That's true. Trump's base is just most LEGAL Americans who work jobs. There are a lot of unemployed snowflakes living in their parents' basements, a lot of illegal aliens on welfare, all of which are voting Democrat.

The Trump base is mainly people who are useful, who actually contribute to society. And interestingly enough, candidate Trump got a lot of help from disaffected Democrats.
The WORST thing that could happen to your side of the aisle would be this:
BLEXIT
so you think the majority of American's are in this country illegally.
Noted.

I think you've established early on that your comments shouldn't be taken seriously.

Feb 2019
Florida
it's not that complicated. I was referring to the image you posted as well as your comments regarding your students ( calling them liberals snowflakes and such). Keeping in mind that you're the one that made this an issue. There are a number of other teachers on this site who have never displayed the extreme bias you have. This is a political chant site. Not your class. So, I'm not asking if you allow your bias to effect how you treat your students. What I'm asking is why you're describing students you describe as returning to college in order to help their careers in the manner you're describing them? It's just seems a bit odd as a matter of professional pride . Typically, you don't see a college professor talk about their students with such disdain.
You're taking this WAY too seriously. To answer your question about students returning to college to help their careers, I don't recall saying anything derogatory about them. If anything, I admire them. I was honored to serve them. And YES, there were some local high school graduates who were in my classes. Most of them were Hispanic, (and lemme tell ya, regular English grammar rules are difficult for them. I had to really think through some of the instruction to help them.)

Oh, and if you believe I was referring to my students as (liberal snowflakes), nothing could be further from the truth. It has been since 2003 since I last taught a college class. And political snowflakes only showed up after the Trump election. I had the greatest respect for most of my students. (Yes, there were some assholes, but not as many as you might think.)

Extreme bias? Everybody here has extreme bias, one way or another. That's the nature of political message boards. Centrists HATE these kinds of places.

Also, I should point out that none of the community colleges I taught at could be even remotely confused with Ivy League diploma mills. These were not prestigious institutions of learning. They trained people for careers, in fields like paralegal, nursing, interior design, even detective work, at one place. I was not some tenured professor standing before a classroom the size of a movie theater, lecturing 200 students at a time. And again, I found out that substitute teaching at the public school level pays a lot more than adjunct professor money.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
You're taking this WAY too seriously. To answer your question about students returning to college to help their careers, I don't recall saying anything derogatory about them. If anything, I admire them. I was honored to serve them. And YES, there were some local high school graduates who were in my classes. Most of them were Hispanic, (and lemme tell ya, regular English grammar rules are difficult for them. I had to really think through some of the instruction to help them.)

Oh, and if you believe I was referring to my students as (liberal snowflakes), nothing could be further from the truth. It has been since 2003 since I last taught a college class. And political snowflakes only showed up after the Trump election. I had the greatest respect for most of my students. (Yes, there were some assholes, but not as many as you might think.)

Extreme bias? Everybody here has extreme bias, one way or another. That's the nature of political message boards. Centrists HATE these kinds of places.

Also, I should point out that none of the community colleges I taught at could be even remotely confused with Ivy League diploma mills. These were not prestigious institutions of learning. They trained people for careers, in fields like paralegal, nursing, interior design, even detective work, at one place. I was not some tenured professor standing before a classroom the size of a movie theater, lecturing 200 students at a time. And again, I found out that substitute teaching at the public school level pays a lot more than adjunct professor money.
and now you're just straight up lying. Yes you did refer to your own students. And no, everyone doesn't show the extreme bias you're showing. Your politics are clearly on the extreme right-wing fringe.

Feb 2019
Florida
so you think the majority of American's are in this country illegally.

Not at all? I do believe Democrats cannot win elections without the votes of illegal aliens. That has already been proven.

I think you've established early on that your comments shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'm not getting paid to educate you. So if you don't learn anything from what I say, it's not my problem.

Feb 2019
Florida
and now you're just straight up lying. Yes you did refer to your own students.

Nope. Not even close. Snowflakes didn't even exist when I taught college. And I've said NOTHING WHATSOEVER that could remotely be construed as that. Now you are being delusional or dishonest.

And no, everyone doesn't show the extreme bias you're showing.

I agree. Not everyone. Just everyone who posts here.

Your politics are clearly on the extreme right-wing fringe.

I'm sure my mainstream conservative ideas might seem right wing fringe to a left winger like you, but to most of America, I'm kind of center right.

I checked back a few pages. It was post #186 with THIS graphic, just below my comments.

I can see where you might have looked at that cartoon and just assumed I was referring to my students. You probably need to go back and re read it.
I taught one class where we had a Vietnam era Marine sniper, coming through the program to be a paralegal. The guy was a real Rambo type. We got along famously. He tried really hard and got a high grade. I don't know if he graduated. (I left that career when I moved to a smaller town.)

Last edited:
Feb 2019
Florida
you're lucky I'm even still responding to your comments at this point.
I'll never get that time back.
You need to relax and quit taking yourself so seriously. You're way too sensitive.
Most of America thinks like I do. And it's only going to get worse, the more intolerant you act.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
You need to relax and quit taking yourself so seriously. You're way too sensitive.
Most of America thinks like I do. And it's only going to get worse, the more intolerant you act.
no most of American does not think like you do. Most people don't think like you do. The notion that people who don't support Trump, or that illegal aliens make up the majority of America, or even the Democratic Party, is , quite frankly, nuts. Oh and btw, I'm not the fucking topic. So, keep your self-serving advice about what I "need" to do to yourself.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
and now you're just straight up lying. Yes you did refer to your own students.

Nope. Not even close. Snowflakes didn't even exist when I taught college. And I've said NOTHING WHATSOEVER that could remotely be construed as that. Now you are being delusional or dishonest.

And no, everyone doesn't show the extreme bias you're showing.

I agree. Not everyone. Just everyone who posts here.

Your politics are clearly on the extreme right-wing fringe.

I'm sure my mainstream conservative ideas might seem right wing fringe to a left winger like you, but to most of America, I'm kind of center right.

I checked back a few pages. It was post #186 with THIS graphic, just below my comments.

I can see where you might have looked at that cartoon and just assumed I was referring to my students. You probably need to go back and re read it.
I taught one class where we had a Vietnam era Marine sniper, coming through the program to be a paralegal. The guy was a real Rambo type. We got along famously. He tried really hard and got a high grade. I don't know if he graduated. (I left that career when I moved to a smaller town.)
who the fuck asked for your resume?

Feb 2019
Florida
no most of American does not think like you do. Most people don't think like you do.
Yes it does. Otherwise this country would be Venezuela.

The notion that people who don't support Trump, or that illegal aliens make up the majority of America, or even the Democratic Party, is , quite frankly, nuts.

I see you have no problem misquoting what I said after you lose an argument. I NEVER SAID illegal aliens make up the majority of the Democrat Party, (although that may not be the case if the wall is not built). And there are people in the Republican party (mostly liberal establishment types) who don't support President Trump.

Oh and btw, I'm not the fucking topic. So, keep your self-serving advice about what I "need" to do to yourself.

I was just thinking that you're going to give yourself a stroke if you are so intolerant of people who disagree with you, especially when we're right most of the time. If you absolutely positively HATE everything that I stand for (which is what made America great) just ignore me. Don't turn into one of these: