Ignorant conservative "no immigrant" policies

Nov 2006
This is one local to my area of the Chesapeake Bay. The crab industry every year would acquire Visas for immigrant workers to come and pick crabs but this year it was curtailed by a fucking stupid lottery process. Crab houses apply and get visas based on a lottery system, you don't get selected, you don't get any workers. Since no Americans are going to stand picking crabs all day and the industry doesn't have the workers to do the job, many are going broke and the cost of crabmeat has gone through the roof. The crab houses that do get selected for visas can get by and those who don't are simply fucked. The cost of a pound of crab meat that was typically about $20 has gone to as much as $55 so if you happen to like crab imperial on your salad and it's now $20 for your salad, blame the half-wit dumbshit that is in the whitehouse.

For the bigots who say "I don't give a shit about crab meat, fuck them" then fine, you can help with the welfare to support those screwed. This is also not to mention countless other industries facing the same dilemma.

Maryland Crab houses expect to go without immigrant workers this summer after losing visa lottery system

Lindy’s is getting by with about 20 local workers, many of whom are putting in overtime to help increase production, and Vincent called in a temp agency that recently provided two more laborers. But the company would be much busier if it had been awarded the 100 visas it requested.

“It just means we’re going to have to struggle to try to do what we’ve been doing for the past 20-plus years,” Vincent said. “Maybe the program will be fixed for next year. And hopefully we’ll never have to go through this again.”
pickers.jpg
Lindy’s is getting by with about 20 local workers, many of whom are putting in overtime to help increase production, and Vincent called in a temp agency that recently provided two more laborers. But the company would be much busier if it had been awarded the 100 visas it requested.

“It just means we’re going to have to struggle to try to do what we’ve been doing for the past 20-plus years,” Vincent said. “Maybe the program will be fixed for next year. And hopefully we’ll never have to go through this again.”[/quote]

Last edited:
Nov 2006
Not just the crab industry

Stretched Thin
With luck comes challenge. In the case of Everyday Noodles, Mr. Chen’s challenge has been finding Taiwanese staff who know how to hand-pull noodles and assemble soup dumplings, skills that typically take years to master.

Hiring international workers with H-1B visas solved Mr. Chen’s problem at first. He now has new problems that are affecting his ability to hire cooks. The Trump administration overhauled immigration policies, tightening eligibility. The changes are being carried out by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Mr. Chen’s experiences are an example of how these policies are affecting the Pittsburgh area: They are shrinking already small immigrant communities and stagnating the labor pool.

http://www.pulitzercenter.org/reporting/stretched-thin

Nov 2006
Trump voting crab town left shell shocked by Trump visa changes
"Right now, we're shut down," said Morgan Tolley, manager of A.E. Phillips and Sons Seafood. "We're in self-preservation mode."

Just two miles away, in what should be the start of the peak season, Harry Phillips, owner of Russell Hall Seafood, stands in an empty picking room once filled with the women he's had working for him for over 25 years.
"We can't operate the way we're going," Phillips told NBC News. "I've had to let truck drivers go. I don't need truck drivers if I don't have the product. It's going to affect us to the point where we may have to totally close."
"(President Trump's) vow was to create American jobs, but this is not creating American jobs,” Phillips added.
Trump-voting crab town left shell-shocked by his visa changes
If Morgan Tolley voted for the dumbshit maybe he will be smart enough to not do that again!

Nov 2006
Personal Insult
Something is not right about this story:

H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers
Cap Count for H-2B Nonimmigrants

We've increased h2-b visas to 66,000 a year.
You are full of shit but I'm not surprised you are the first to come on here preaching on your beloved leaders behalf.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services held a lottery for 15,000 additional visas June 7, after months of outcry from businesses across the country over the results of a lottery held over the winter. Federal labor officials received 81,000 applications for only 33,000 H-2B visas made available for work from April through September.

While Congress helped push for the visa cap to be raised and some members are still pushing for further reforms, Vincent and others on Hoopers Island aren’t holding out hope there will be any more chances for them to get visas this year.

Months of outcry from business across the country yet you are still stupid enough to deny it's even happening. What a fucking dumbshit you are. Here the rest can have the thread, I've said my piece. It's time for a vacation anyway after listening to assholes like you.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
You are full of shit but I'm not surprised you are the first to come on here preaching on your beloved leaders behalf.

Months of outcry from business across the country yet you are still stupid enough to deny it's even happening. What a fucking dumbshit you are. Here the rest can have the thread, I've said my piece. It's time for a vacation anyway after listening to assholes like you.

Ahh lack of self control.... If someone reports you, know it wasn't me, your mouth and your nasty disposition is sort of like that lovable homeless crazy person on the block, ranting and raving but really harmless.

There are two blocks of h2b's the summer and winter, 66k divided by two is what again? What you are whining about is the lottery for the additional 15k above the 66k which means this crab house probably fucked up their paperwork and filed the request too late.

I am for increasing h2b's for seasonal workers to as many as required. Pretty much wide open on this one. I do think the local businesses though do have to file a sworn affidavit that no american wants the job.

Apr 2012
But the Foxcon tax payer subsidized plant being built in Wisconsin is planning to import plenty of Chinese engineers.
I guess you've got to be in the right loop.

Nov 2006
There are two blocks of h2b's the summer and winter, 66k divided by two is what again? What you are whining about is the lottery for the additional 15k above the 66k which means this crab house probably fucked up their paperwork and filed the request too late.

I am for increasing h2b's for seasonal workers to as many as required. Pretty much wide open on this one. I do think the local businesses though do have to file a sworn affidavit that no american wants the job.
Crab crisis: Maryland seafood industry loses 40 percent of work force in visa lottery
Maryland's seafood industry is in crisis: Nearly half of the Eastern Shore’s crab houses have no workers to pick the meat sold in restaurants and supermarkets.

They failed to get visas for their mostly Mexican workforce, including many women who have been coming north to Maryland for crab season for as long as two decades. The Trump administration for the first time awarded them this year in a lottery, instead of on a first-come, first-served basis.
You mean 40 fucking percent of them fucked up yet they have been doing it for 20 years? You are the biggest Trump apologist known to man.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
You mean 40 fucking percent of them fucked up yet they have been doing it for 20 years? You are the biggest Trump apologist known to man.

What changed from this year from last? What is the cause of this supposed "40%" drop? What did trump specifically change that caused this?