Ignorant conservative "no immigrant" policies

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Most of these jobs are in seaside and resort towns. Check out girls, maids, landscapers, the notion that harvesting blueberries is a skilled labor is funny stuff. I'm not sure of your point or what point you think I made that you are arguing against.
Harvesting crops or picking crabs efficiently and effectively isn't something a person can do just walking in off the street. And when you're talking about foodstuffs that can't sit around for any amount of time without spoiling you don't have time to train people to do it in a timely manner. Not that many native borns know how to do those things. I wouldn't have the foggiest notion how to pick blueberries at a rate and in a manner that the farmer is going to make a profit and the farmer doesn't have time to teach me.

Nov 2010
Derp, de derp, de derp. how many visa's were handed out in 2016? how many in 2018? come on NPC, lets see you be factual for once.
you should start every post of yourse with derp de derp, its perfect and what everybody picture when we read your stupid posts and lame attempts at trolling. You used to be a bit more creative and funny with your trolling, now its just dumb and sad

Jul 2011
NYC
you should start every post of yourse with derp de derp, its perfect and what everybody picture when we read your stupid posts and lame attempts at trolling. You used to be a bit more creative and funny with your trolling, now its just dumb and sad

You've been suspended a hundred times more than me, and you call me the troll?

You were always dumb and sad...... at least there's hope for me! ;)

Jul 2011
NYC
Harvesting crops or picking crabs efficiently and effectively isn't something a person can do just walking in off the street. And when you're talking about foodstuffs that can't sit around for any amount of time without spoiling you don't have time to train people to do it in a timely manner. Not that many native borns know how to do those things. I wouldn't have the foggiest notion how to pick blueberries at a rate and in a manner that the farmer is going to make a profit and the farmer doesn't have time to teach me.

You are just making shit up. training someone to pick crab takes 10 mins, they become efficient at it in a day.

blueberry picking is a menial task, these h2b's pretty much all are, to act like it's nuclear research is laughable. What are you arguing here though what is your point?

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
You are just making shit up. training someone to pick crab takes 10 mins, they become efficient at it in a day.

blueberry picking is a menial task, these h2b's pretty much all are, to act like it's nuclear research is laughable. What are you arguing here though what is your point?
I know how to pick crabs. That doesn't mean I can do it efficiently and I doubt seriously I'd get up to speed in a day.

I didn't say that the work isn't menial or that it's rocket science. But most native borns couldn't do the work well enough to be profitable. It's been tried. We just don't do it well. That's my point.

Jul 2011
NYC
I know how to pick crabs. That doesn't mean I can do it efficiently and I doubt seriously I'd get up to speed in a day.

I didn't say that the work isn't menial or that it's rocket science. But most native borns couldn't do the work well enough to be profitable. It's been tried. We just don't do it well. That's my point.
link to "its been tried". you are making shit up now.

Jul 2011
NYC

1st one is a government program trying to get todays lazy generation hard working jobs, yes that was bound to fail, I'm asking when was it tried by these businesses to hire american. and this is a giant strawman anyway, Im not sure why I entertained it, if you look back, I am for unlimited h2b's my argument has and always has been this year's alotment has been no different than years past, and the quota was set by democrats.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
1st one is a government program trying to get todays lazy generation hard working jobs, yes that was bound to fail, I'm asking when was it tried by these businesses to hire american. and this is a giant strawman anyway, Im not sure why I entertained it, if you look back, I am for unlimited h2b's my argument has and always has been this year's alotment has been no different than years past, and the quota was set by democrats.
Dude, it was tried in 1965. It has nothing to do with those darn lazy kids today. And if you'd bother to read the second article you'd see that farmers have tried to get native borns to do the work.