Ilhan Omar: 'I truly believe' Fox News host Tucker Carlson is 'a racist fool'

Feb 2018
Texas
No. I don't think hashtags constitute research topics. I don't research bumperstickers either.
The argument that Fox is the same as the LW media is pure BS.
All media has a bias but only Fox News puts their bias above profit and broadcasts outright propaganda and lies.

Fox News is the voice of of our criminal aristocracy.
Yeah, that's why it's the #1 cable news channel. :rolleyes:

Feb 2018
Texas
Tucker Carlson Is Absolutely Right About Rep. Ilhan Omar

Americans are constantly being lectured—correctly, I believe—that good citizenship isn’t contingent on skin color, faith, or ethnicity, but a set of beliefs. Yet whenever anyone is critical of the ugly things someone like Ilhan Omar says, they are immediately battered for being xenophobes and racists. You can’t have it both ways.

I mean, you can try. Nearly the entire contemporary progressive argument is girded by identity grievances. So when Fox News’s Tucker Carlson gives a monologue, in which he concludes that Omar was “living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country,” the reaction is predictable.

As philosophical matter, though, Omar isn’t the kind of immigrant we should want. That’s not because she is Muslim or black, but because she doesn’t believe in the traditional ideas that define American life. And she shouldn’t be immune from criticism merely because of her background.

When my parents came to the United States as refugees in 1968, for instance, they were asked to renounce communism—because collectivism, like Islamism or fascism or any authoritarianism, is antithetical to American principles. Any newcomers in 1968 who believed the United States was guilty of crimes against the proletariat, and praised Pol Pot or Castro, would not have been a quality immigrant.

This is one reason we still give newcomers citizenship tests. We want them not only to comprehend our foundational ideas, but to adopt them. Whether or not this nation consistently lives up to those values (far from it) is irrelevant. There’s no country in human history born without sin. Yet only Americans are asked to engage in daily acts of contrition for their past.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
USA
She supposedly married her brother in order to get entrance into the US.
False answers to the entrance questionnaire are grounds for expulsion and/or imprisonment and fine.
Link?

I think this claim is probably false, even though I know nothing about it. Why? Because if she's not a citizen, she can't be a member of Congress. If there were any truth to it, her political opponents would have used it against her months ago.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
USA
It's the same people. They throw around the term because they know how effective it is. People get banned from this site for being racist. In real life, people lose their jobs for it. But when they get called on throwing around the term frivolously, then they want to pretend that it's no big deal.
I've called people racist, but I've never minimized the seriousness of that charge. There are different degrees and varieties of racism, of course. Saying obnoxious stuff on the internet isn't the same as...well...lynching.

May 2007
your place
I truly believe she and her other left wingers are nuts and need to take a deep breath. Accusing someone of being racist is very serious and she bases it on absolutely nothing. I believe Pelosi needs to hang the 4 of them out to dry. They are the true racists.

Didn’t Fox News call her a racist at some point? Is she prohibited from saying the same thing about them?