Ilhan Omar: This is not going to be the country of the white people.

May 2012
By the wall
I think she chose her words poorly, but if you read all of them, it makes sense at what she is trying to do. She is coming against the sort of white supremacists that have been attacking Jewish and Islamic targets as well. She should have been more specific, because it sounds like she is pitting the white folks against the minorities. I do not believe that is her intention.

She's inexperienced in politics, so blunders like this are not surprising. We'll see how she weathers it. If she doesn't correct course in some way, she likely will lose in her next election.
Trump in inexperienced at politics also, I don't see the lefties cutting him any slack for the things he says.

But I guess that's different since he is white huh?

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Trump in inexperienced at politics also, I don't see the lefties cutting him any slack for the things he says.

But I guess that's different since he is white huh?
What do you care? According to you, you are black like Omar, right? Don't go telling us white folks what to worry about.

May 2012
By the wall
What do you care? According to you, you are black like Omar, right? Don't go telling us white folks what to worry about.
Pretty bad dodge there.

You excuse her gaffes because she is inexperienced but won't extend the same courtesy to Trump.

Why is that?

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Pretty bad dodge there.

You excuse her gaffes because she is inexperienced but won't extend the same courtesy to Trump.

Why is that?
If Trump' "gaffes" were limited to just annoying people that would be one thing... such as when he got into a tweet argument with Lavar Ball... I was annoyed, but I got over it pretty fast because its not a big deal. But on the other hand when he breaks the trust with our allies, empowers dictators, undermines the Department of Justice, or our various Intelligence agencies... that goes way beyond a little gaffe.

His inexperience (and arrogance) causes far more damage then she has done.

May 2012
By the wall
If Trump' "gaffes" were limited to just annoying people that would be one thing... such as when he got into a tweet argument with Lavar Ball... I was annoyed, but I got over it pretty fast because its not a big deal. But on the other hand when he breaks the trust with our allies, empowers dictators, undermines the Department of Justice, or our various Intelligence agencies... that goes way beyond a little gaffe.

His inexperience (and arrogance) causes far more damage then she has done.
But....but.....but.....Trump is different.

Gotcha

May 2012
By the wall
Yes, I did say that he's different, and he is. However, I disagree with your last comment suggesting that you understand it.
Not hypocritical at all there.

I suppose if Trump converted to Islam and declared his hate for America that you would love him though.