Illegal border crossings from Canada quietly rising, data shows

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва

DERBY LINE, Vt. — More than 960 people crossed into the U.S. illegally from the northern border with Canada last year, according to data released from Customs and Border Protection.

While that number is a tiny fraction compared to the migration across the border with Mexico, it represented a 91 percent increase from the prior fiscal year, the data showed.

**************************************************************************************************************************

While the number is small, it does beg a question. Why are they not staying in Canada? What is wrong with Canada that these "refugees"..... can't stay in canada and instead cross into the US through it?

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
We are being invaded from the north and the south, and it's a very serious problem. Of course, if you are a Democrat, no problem! What does it matter? In fact, the more illegals, the merrier. What is wrong with people who are concerned about millions of illegals coming into our country, given billions of dollars in benefits, all paid by we, the taxpayers.

Anybody who is willing to open their eyes, can see that the Democrats don't care one iota about securing our border, don't care about drug trafficking or sex trafficking. Nor, do they care about gangs, like MS -13, coming into America, gangs that have killed American citizens.

Why don't they care? Because, they think all of those illegals are going to vote, vote illegally, in our elections. And, they will be mostly voting for Democrats who will keep them in office, because power and control over us is their goal.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire

DERBY LINE, Vt. — More than 960 people crossed into the U.S. illegally from the northern border with Canada last year, according to data released from Customs and Border Protection.

While that number is a tiny fraction compared to the migration across the border with Mexico, it represented a 91 percent increase from the prior fiscal year, the data showed.

**************************************************************************************************************************

While the number is small, it does beg a question. Why are they not staying in Canada? What is wrong with Canada that these "refugees"..... can't stay in canada and instead cross into the US through it?
Canada doesnt play games frankly. You dont sneak in. I have had trying times trying to cross legally with their border officials. They are pretty strict. They have merit based immigration. If you get caught not being legal or seeking asylum, you are in deep crap. I imagine some of these might have seen others get caught, so they decided to come back across. We now have DHS vehicle traffic stops here to try to catch them all. There actually are people who live near the border who rat them out if the see them.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Canada doesnt play games frankly. You dont sneak in. I have had trying times trying to cross legally with their border officials. They are pretty strict. They have merit based immigration. If you get caught not being legal or seeking asylum, you are in deep crap. I imagine some of these might have seen others get caught, so they decided to come back across. We now have DHS vehicle traffic stops here to try to catch them all. There actually are people who live near the border who rat them out if the see them.

I was reading in the article that mexicans do not need a passport,..... I know we do. lol

yeah canada has a very strict immigration policy, I think that is the answer I was alluding too.

It also begs the question, why aren't Trump supporters chanting "Build the wall! Build the wall! Build the wall!" at all those rallies in northern states? I wonder what the difference is?

Feel free to start a thread on that.

***shrug***

Aug 2018
Vancouver
I was a cop in a border town and back then the only people caught crossing the border south were family cases. People who had no legal right to be in the US but had family or love interests there they wanted to be with.

This included Canadians with US girlfriends or children, or random other countries people who flew into a Canadian airport with the intent of sneaking over the border on foot.

The people sneaking in north were refugee claimants who felt they were going to be denied in the states.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
The flow at the northern border is still more northbound than southbound.

A good chunk of the "refugees" are shopping for the best welfare deal... and they get that in Canada.

I've mentioned that a northern wall may become necessary if Canada doesnt get their shit together.