Illegal gang member protected by California’s sanctuary laws viciously STABS woman to death in her home

Jan 2007
The consumption of scarce resources is theft. Illegals corrupt everything they touch in society. illegals burden everything they touch. Some one needs to find the numbers on nation wide cost just in law enforcement to deal with illegals, including Border patrol, courts, transportation, housing, prisons, etc. It's immense. Money robbed from our nation that could of been put to better use. Legal immigration from Mexico needs to be terminated.
I would support a temporary stay on immigration until we get our house in order.[/QUOTE]

As many say, "our immigration system is broken" that is the understatement of the century. Our system seems to be MIGA.

Jan 2007
I would support a temporary stay on immigration until we get our house in order.

So you are saying you have no idea of the economic policy and the impact it would have if you deported all illegals?

You know that they pay taxes right? The only group they "effect" as far as jobs go is high school dropouts

Here are some of the most widespread myths about how immigrants affect the U.S. economy, and the research that refutes them.

Myth #1: Immigrants take more from the U.S. government than they contribute

Fact: Immigrants contribute more in tax revenue than they take in government benefits

Myth #2: Immigrants take American jobs

Fact: Immigrants workers often take jobs that boost other parts of the economy

Myth #3: The U.S. economy does not need immigrants

Fact: Immigrants are key to offsetting a falling birth rat

Myth #4: It would be better for the economy if immigrants’ children were not citizens

Fact: Children with citizenship are more productive workers

4 myths about how immigrants affect the U.S. economy[/QUOTE]
The discussion is about illegals. You and many other see no difference . Smart immigration can be a good thing. Stupid immigration is not. Illegal immigration has nothing good about it.

Jan 2019
southeast
He is the Gov and a law was signed no sactuary cities in the state and it was upheld in the courts. Maybe you should move to Ca.
Now don't get all pouty over this, dragonfly. Ca might be a good place to set up a new residence. You might enjoy their high taxes.

Texas Senate Bill 4
Image result for Senate Bill 4 in Texas
DescriptionTexas Senate Bill 4 is a bill that effectively bans sanctuary cities in the state of Texas. It was filed on November 15, 2016, and discussed during the regular session of the eighty-fifth Texas Legislature. Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed the bill into law on May 7, 2017. Wikipedia

May 2007
Houston, Texas
Now don't get all pouty over this, dragonfly. Ca might be a good place to set up a new residence. You might enjoy their high taxes.

Texas Senate Bill 4
Image result for Senate Bill 4 in Texas
DescriptionTexas Senate Bill 4 is a bill that effectively bans sanctuary cities in the state of Texas. It was filed on November 15, 2016, and discussed during the regular session of the eighty-fifth Texas Legislature. Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed the bill into law on May 7, 2017. Wikipedia
Greg Abbot isn't mayor of Houston. I heard Mayor Turner say Houston was a SC and judging by the number of Hispanics here, I agree with him.

Aug 2016
CA
What I said was perfectly accurate:

California isn't protecting anyone. If ICE wants to arrest and deport anyone in California, the state will not stand in their path.

Is California doing anything to stop federal agencies from acting within the state of California? They're not helping; but they're not impeding either. Illegal immigration is a federal matter; not a state matter. Therefore, it's the job of the federal government, using federal resources and federally-employed personnel, subsidized by federal tax dollars. To the best of my knowledge, the federal government has not offered to subsidize the state government for use of state resources.

What's your issue with States' Rights?
What's your issue with following immigration laws?