ILLEGAL, IRONIC, INSULTING: Vicente FOX gets a fund raising letter from TRUMP...

Jul 2015
Florida
This is just too funny! I'm building a wall on YOUR border, you're gonna pay for it-- but me SEND $MONEY$ anyway. I have no idea how Vicente FOX would get on Trump's email list. (I don't get fundraiser letters from MEXICO, do you?) Now there isn't a chance in HELL of Fox sending a nickel, because IT'S I L L E G A L. I'm sure FOX knows this.

September 25, 2016, 01:40 pm
Vicente Fox claims he received fundraising email from Trump

By Jessie Hellmann
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Former Mexican President Vicente Fox Quesada claimed he received a fundraising email from Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.
"Today I received an email from @realDonaldTrump asking for money... this smells like defeat. Of course I had an answer for him..." he tweeted Saturday, including a screenshot of the email he sent back to the campaign.

https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/779728965166518272/photo/1

"Excuse me Donald, what a stupid advertising add [sic]. Shows extreme desperation and acceptance of your defeat. Now you will pay for all your offenses and lies," Fox wrote in the email.

It is against federal law for a campaign to solicit foreign donations.

Last edited:

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Good luck. That regulation, like most of its kind, is up to the FEC to enforce. 3 Dems, 3 GOPers, and they deadlock on these questions every time.

I honestly don't blame Trump for pushing campaign finance laws as close as he possibly can. The FEC is impotent, he's way behind in dollars and practical political infrastructure...

Of all the bad things he does, this one is milquetoast.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
I get all of that but I wonder if he's sending fundraising letters to PUTIN. I think it is FUNNY! Pathetic, but funny!
If Trump consciously received campaign funds from Russia, someone would leak it. The few professional political people work for him talk to the press all the time.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
It's pretty difficult to discern what country you are sending an email. This is really grasping at straws for outrage. If Trump had actually received and accepted a donation, you might have something, but this? Swing and a miss.

Jul 2014
midwest
It's pretty difficult to discern what country you are sending an email. This is really grasping at straws for outrage. If Trump had actually received and accepted a donation, you might have something, but this? Swing and a miss.
Well, it's like this.

They are gonna dig up all kinds of dirt.

And if that is not enough, they are gonna manufacture some dirt.

All's fair...

Jul 2015
Florida
If Trump consciously received campaign funds from Russia, someone would leak it. The few professional political people work for him talk to the press all the time.
ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCALLY NOT! Anymore than MANAFORT,. first CEO of the Trump capaign, got what, $6 or $7million in CASH payments from the Ukraine. The 'cash' books, not the official books. Leaked?? Don't be naive.

Jul 2015
Florida
WHAT PART of FUNNY did you not grasp?? Illegal, ironic, absurd and FUNNY.

Jan 2015
Florida
I get all of that but I wonder if he's sending fundraising letters to PUTIN. I think it is FUNNY! Pathetic, but funny!
He doesn't need to. Putin leaves a thousand dollar bill on the nightstand as he zips up and leaves Melania Tramp's personal quarters.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCALLY NOT! Anymore than MANAFORT,. first CEO of the Trump capaign, got what, $6 or $7million in CASH payments from the Ukraine. The 'cash' books, not the official books. Leaked?? Don't be naive.
Trump's people didn't know about Manafort, or else he would've been exposed and pushed out a lot sooner. That dirty info was between him and the unsavory people he worked with in Ukraine.

Seems like I read stories every day now quoting unnamed sources within the Trump campaign. It leaks like a sieve. And it's because most of the people who are in the business of politics for a living, who work for Trump, are only there because he's the only alternative to Clinton who they hate and fear. And they talk to the media to try to "correct" his bad behavior because they know Clinton is running such a bad campaign, only continued Trump mistakes will assure her of a win.