Illinois Considers Another Terrifying Law Allowing Infanticide

Nov 2016
5,409
4,838
Maryland
And it's been sourced so many fucking times it's joke level, and willing ignorance.

Don't worry, I'd be fucking ashamed of myself too if I was on team "kill baby".
When you resort to personal insults like that, you prove you have nothing. Sourcing “so many times” to antichoice sources and far right fake news sources doesn’t count.
 
Likes: OldGaffer

HayJenn

Moderator
Jul 2014
63,382
51,670
CA
Does Planned Parenthood receive government funding?
Does Planned Parenthood perform abortions?
The answer is yes to both. You can't fill up only part of a bucket. The money they receive from taxpayers may not be earmarked for abortions. But it frees up other funds to be used for that purpose.
BS. They do NOT PERFORM abortions with taxpayer money - ever. Mostly it's through donations.

Again, read the Hyde Amendment

PP is one of the most scrutinized groups in this country. Every year they are subject to audits. And every year they pass those audit's just fine

Again, only 3% of what they do is abortions. While the other 97% is helping low-income people with their health care needs across a wide range

Our Services | Affordable Healthcare & Sex Education

Just because you believe in the James O'Keefe crap, does not make it true.
 
Likes: birdzeyez

Macduff

Moderator
Apr 2010
92,708
30,959
Pittsburgh, PA
BS. They do NOT PERFORM abortions with taxpayer money - ever. Mostly it's through donations.

Again, read the Hyde Amendment

PP is one of the most scrutinized groups in this country. Every year they are subject to audits. And every year they pass those audit's just fine

Again, only 3% of what they do is abortions. While the other 97% is helping low-income people with their health care needs across a wide range

Our Services | Affordable Healthcare & Sex Education

Just because you believe in the James O'Keefe crap, does not make it true.
People are too hard on Bill Cosby. He only spent 3% of his time raping.
 
Likes: John T Ford

Nicnam

Moderator
Dec 2013
14,489
3,822
!
Before the era of ultrasound and some of the high technology we have now, my aunt gave birth to a 32 week “blue baby.” It was believed that he had a major heart defect. They called the chaplain to baptize him and just let him die an hour after birth. They did not kill him, but took no extraordinary measures to save him, because with the technology and surgical techniques that existed at the time, it would have been an exercise in futility.


No you didn’t. I too have no patience for people who argue from ignorance, such as people who keep prattling the bogus and intellectually dishonest “post birth abortion” meme.
I was referring to a baby 'born alive' and 'capable of survival' after the abortion.

Do they have a right to recieve medical care?


I have a friend who's baby was born at 23 weeks and is a healthy normal, 4 year old now.
 
Likes: John T Ford

HayJenn

Moderator
Jul 2014
63,382
51,670
CA
People are too hard on Bill Cosby. He only spent 3% of his time raping.
What a complete weird comparison.

We get it, you don't like PP. But there is nothing to suggest they are or ever were, doing anything illegal.

And yes, please continue to ignore that the vast majority of their services is actually healthcare for lower-income people.
 

Macduff

Moderator
Apr 2010
92,708
30,959
Pittsburgh, PA
What a complete weird comparison.

We get it, you don't like PP. But there is nothing to suggest they are or ever were, doing anything illegal.

And yes, please continue to ignore that the vast majority of their services is actually healthcare for lower-income people.
Not nearly as bizarre as that 3% talking point. There are plenty of community health centers who provide more care than Planned Parenthood without doing abortions.
 
Dec 2018
3,124
1,746
the Heart of America
Does Planned Parenthood receive government funding?
Does Planned Parenthood perform abortions?
The answer is yes to both. You can't fill up only part of a bucket. The money they receive from taxpayers may not be earmarked for abortions. But it frees up other funds to be used for that purpose.
Same argument applies to all those welfare recipients you're supporting and the future ones you're preventing from being aborted.
 
Nov 2016
5,409
4,838
Maryland
I was referring to a baby 'born alive' and 'capable of survival' after the abortion.

Do they have a right to recieve medical care?


I have a friend who's baby was born at 23 weeks and is a healthy normal, 4 year old now.
To answer that question, I’d really need to know what you’re really talking about. I’ve been confronted with too many dishonest gotcha questions from right wing anti abortion types not to be careful.

Having said that, IMO, an infant born either fully healthy, or with disabilities that can be dealt with, should get the needed medical care. However, I would defer to the parents and medical staff to make the decisions as to what’s in everyone’s best interests, including the infant’s. I do not believe that moral busybodies have any business micromanaging.

In the case of a newborn who is not viable because of serious defects “not compatible with life” (I remember the genetic counselor using those exact words to describe the defect they found after I had a first trimester miscarriage), I don’t see where anything beyond palliative care is warranted until the little one dies.

My requests to be directed to the exact part of NY law that allows for killing a viable newborn have gone unanswered, except for snarky non responsive remarks and one personal insult.

I also am disinclined to believe a lot of the hyperbolic hysteria being put out by the radical right anti abortion gang, since they have a history of lying and gross exaggeration.
 
Likes: OldGaffer