Illinois Considers Another Terrifying Law Allowing Infanticide

Jan 2019
southeast
And? Did that member happen to mention their income level?

Again, most of PP's funding comes from Medicaid and Title X

Programs that are designed for lower-income people.
Are you saying that only patients below a certain poverty level can use PP?

Nicnam

Dec 2013
To answer that question, I’d really need to know what you’re really talking about. I’ve been confronted with too many dishonest gotcha questions from right wing anti abortion types not to be careful.
My post was clear....I'm not anti abortion.

Having said that, IMO, an infant born either fully healthy, or with disabilities that can be dealt with, should get the needed medical care.
Thank you , I agree.

However, I would defer to the parents and medical staff to make the decisions as to what’s in everyone’s best interests, including the infant’s. I do not believe that moral busybodies have any business micromanaging.
Once the baby is born alive and is capable of survival, I agree the doctor should do what is in the best interest of the child.

In the case of a newborn who is not viable because of serious defects “not compatible with life” (I remember the genetic counselor using those exact words to describe the defect they found after I had a first trimester miscarriage), I don’t see where anything beyond palliative care is warranted until the little one dies.
irrelevant to my question as I was specific saying 'capable of survival'

My requests to be directed to the exact part of NY law that allows for killing a viable newborn have gone unanswered, except for snarky non responsive remarks and one personal insult.

I also am disinclined to believe a lot of the hyperbolic hysteria being put out by the radical right anti abortion gang, since they have a history of lying and gross exaggeration.
Irrelevant to my inquiry.

Nicnam

Dec 2013
And? Did that member happen to mention their income level?

Again, most of PP's funding comes from Medicaid and Title X

Programs that are designed for lower-income people.
Again
Where in my post did I refer to rich people?

The member has a full time job, owns a home, has health insurance and still continues to use PP.

I took someone, (at her request) to PP for family planning help, and PP only wanted to talk about her having an abortion. Which was never in her mind.
That's what they do, their specialty.

Nov 2016
USA
Again
Where in my post did I refer to rich people?

The member has a full time job, owns a home, has health insurance and still continues to use PP.

I took someone, (at her request) to PP for family planning help, and PP only wanted to talk about her having an abortion. Which was never in her mind.
That's what they do, their specialty.
When I went to PP as a young woman, I paid on a sliding scale for the services I got. Even though I thought I was low income at the time, I ended up paying at the top of the sliding scale. I don’t have a recollection of how they asked about my income, but they apparently did, in order to decide how much I should pay.

Jun 2013
Here
Will every woman that miscarries, be subjected to an inquiry, to see if she "murdered" her child?

What about ectopic pregnancies? If the premise is that "life" begins at some point before birth and once begun, any "life" then becomes the ward of the state and society, then any abortion for any reason have to be considered a "taking" of "life".

I'm not sure why so much time and energy is spent on such "caring" about the unborn, when so many of the same people do NOT want the state to provide welfare for life, once born?

If the state wants to becomes the ward of "life", then shouldn't it do all in its means to "protect" "life", not just in the womb, but from beginning to end? Should all adoption work be required to be pro-bono as part of the "pro-life" concept, so that there is no conflict of interest and no profit motive in the anti-abortion crowd?

Shouldn't more people join those that already have supported education and forms of birth control that seek to reduce unwanted pregnancy and a need for abortion, in the first place?

Why kill "two" "people".........as some twisted means of trying to prevent the death of "one"?

Women who do not want to be pregnant, will find a means to not be pregnant and let's not fool ourselves here, not every woman who becomes pregnant becomes so from promiscuous and carefree sex. There is rape, there is incest and there are other reasons that women become pregnant. Incest in this nation is a problem and when uncle Billy Bob has secret sex with his niece and threatens her with bodily harm if she tells anyone about their activities, that niece is likely to become pregnant and under threat from uncle Billy Bob, she needs to either keep the child and claim someone else is the father or get an abortion and not give the actual reason for it, so as to not reveal uncle Billy Bob as the father.

Roe v. Wade is not about support for the idea of abortion, but support for LEGAL abortion, which means it is NOT done by some butcher in a back alley because it is illegal. This is to PROTECT the life of women who do NOT want to be pregnant, whether it is because uncle Billy Bob screwed them, their husband died and they were poor to begin with and who's going to hire a pregnant woman, much less who is going to care for the child, since the same people that would force her to pay for the child want to reduce welfare that would help them both. A woman who has an abortion (for whatever reason SHE, not someone else choses or for her health and safety) can in many cases, go on to have a child when SHE, not someone else, chooses to. While some women need abortions for reasons of their own health and those abortions may mean they can no longer reproduce, when abortion is illegal, women who do not want to be pregnant will find a means to not be pregnant and there will be people who will perform abortions in conditions that not only take the fetus, but put the woman's life or her capacity to have children later, at risk. This is NOT a "pro-life" action.

Texas currently has the death penalty for murder. Anyone see stats that show Texas has one of the lowest murder rates in the nation?

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center

In addition, there are wealthy women who, because of their wealth, "arrange" a "procedure" that is discreetly (with a cash advance) obscured from being listed as an "unnecessary" "abortion".........

In order to administer this law, it would seem that every miscarriage, every abortion, would have to be reviewed to see if "murder" was involved........Logistically, how will that be done and who will pay for it?

Last edited: