I'm done with Liberals

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Not PH liberals, don't worry; Canadian Liberals, with capital "L", the party haha

You know, in all the years that I was able to vote, here in Canada, I have almost always backed the Liberals. Maybe once went NDP. But, always been a strong Liberal, period.

I am actually now beginning, slowly, to lean towards the Conservative Party, of all things.

Why, you may ask?

One issue is attracting me to them. Just one. China.

Andrew Scheer, the Conservative leader

actually wants to bloody confront the fuckers, for once, while dear PM Trudeau just bows down to them:
Andrew Scheer rules out free trade deal with China
Scheer takes aim at China and Trump in major foreign policy speech | The Star
Canada’s opposition party tells Justin Trudeau to toughen China stance

We have this fucking trash with their red flags coming here and "bullying" people, pro-Hong Kong protesters; Falun Gong adherents; Chinese LGBT persons at a Pride Parade, etc

Terry Glavin: Why are we allowing China to bully Canadians here?

This is not OK, and it should not and cannot be OK, period.

Instead of acting like a real Prime Minister, like the leader of Canada, whose job is to defend his OWN people, Trudeau, now, in appointing a new Ambassador to China, kowtows to them yet more:

Wenran Jiang, a senior fellow at the Institute of Asian Research at the University of British Columbia, said Barton will be well received by the Chinese government.

"It is an indication that the Trudeau government would like to restore relations with a focus on mutual economic interests," he said.

"It takes courage for PM Trudeau to name someone whose consulting firm has done extensive works in China and for Chinese clients, against the relentless pressure from negative forces that are advocating decoupling with China and making China an enemy. This gesture will not be unnoticed by Beijing."

But he said that's not likely enough to prompt Beijing to release the detained Canadians.
Canada names new China envoy amid damaged relations

"Courage" hahahaha

No. This is cowardice. And abandonment of his duty. Betrayal of his nation. Period.

Look... It is very hard for me, to think and to say such things. I am an immigrant here too. This country generously took me in, gave me a home here, treated me very well, in all respects, really. I am hugely grateful for all of that, and that is exactly why I am so patriotic for her now. And it really, really pisses me off to see some fucking Commies in fucking Asia trying now to wipe their fucking feet on her, like a doormat. And our PM and government prostrating themselves towards Beijing, like a Muslim towards Mecca... :mad:

Hell, I've aleady expressed much of how I feel on this in a previous thread anyway lmao
This is pathetic...

It's just that... I love these things about Canada, the nice and polite nature of Canadians. But I also know, because of where I grew up before moving here, that being nice and polite with thugs simply doesn't work.

In Russia, boys lern this shit from childhood: when a gopnik (street ruffian) gets in your face, demands your pocket money or your cell phone whatever, what do you do? Say, no, pretty please?

Nah. He'll just laugh in your face. What you do, as a popular rap song over there goes, is "knock his fucking teeth out" :) And in order to be able to do that, when needed, as the same song goes, a lad must "kill himself in the fight club every evening" ;) In other words, you must be a tough guy, to deal with thugs and be respected...

In the context of this discussion, what I mean by "being a tough guy", in other words, how I myself would handle this shit with China, if I were in charge (yeah, I know, l too thank God I ain't haha) is this:

1. As I said in that other thread: Communist symbols must be banned, along with Nazi ones. Outklawed, period. Extremist idology is extremist ideology. Red or brown, same shit to me. Both murdered plenty of my own ancestors, frankly. Sure, I get that flags of actual states is more difficult to ban, legally, and it would affect relations with other countries, such as Vietnam. Well, they can keep it on their embassies and diplomatic vehicles and such, sure, that's their property and their prerogative. But, not for private citizens, on our streets. Communist symbols should be ILLEGAL on Canadian soil. That's it.

2. Expel all Chinese athletes training here, this is not my idea, a former Ambassador said this: Canada should expel Chinese athletes in canola trade dispute: Former ambassador

2. Shut down all their Confucius Institutes and expel them from all our educational institutions. These are nothing more than Chinese propaganda operations.

It is nice to see US colleges doinbg this already
Colleges move to close Chinese government-funded Confucius Institutes amid increasing scrutiny
3 More Universities Close Confucius Institutes | Inside Higher Ed

And some Canadian provinces and such also following suit
New Brunswick turfs China-backed Confucius Institute out of elementary schools to curb Beijing’s influence

About damn time...

3. Shut down also the Chinese student associations. They all represent the CPC, and there been incidents with them before: Tibetan-Canadian student politician, Uyghur rights activists come under attack by Chinese students in Canada

China doesn't even really deny controlling them: Beijing backs ‘patriotic actions’ of students who reported Uygur activist

There must be a full investigation of these activities, by CSIS (Canadian intelligence and counter-intel), RCMP, etc, as also some already have called for before me: Student groups call for government to investigate alleged interference by Chinese officials on Canadian campuses

Those Chinese diplomats found to be involved in this shit, must be non grataed and deported, effective immideately.

But not all, however.

4. Grab no less than three of them, and jail them, for espionage, subversive activities, whatever. They don't have to be diplomats with immunity and all that; there are plenty of other high profile Chinese citizens, businessmen, whatever, like Madam Meng (who, btw, should be staying not in her nice mention, for the duration of her extradition hearing, but in a fucking cell, just like oyur citizens in China), who hang around Canada a lot. Jail em. And keep em behind bars. Until OUR three are released.

Not nice? Sure. Ugly. Disgusting. Hell, yeah.

But THAT is how you talk to thugs and scumbags. Fist to the fucking face. That's the only language they comprehend.

This is how Putin does it, you know... Grab one of mine and I'll grab one of yours, and dangle him in front of you by the neck, till you give me mine back...

Few years back, for instance, Estonia imprisoned a notable Russian operative; and Russia then sent a special ops team across the border and captured/abducted a senior Estonian spy, and held him, until Estonia agreed to trade back: Russia and Estonia 'exchange spies'

Fucking uncivilized. Totally. Barbaric.

But, here is my point: Putin & Xi are two of same kind

Two thug dictators. They speak in same dialect, really. Intimidation. Brute force.

Like Putin, Xi wouldn't be moved by smiling at him and appeasing him. The way China is acting towards Canada right now, to me, is exactly the image of a gang of gopniks in some shady neighborhood in St. Petersburg (like the slum Putin himself once grew up, consequently lol) stepping up to you and growling, "Turn out your pockets, suka, or we fuck you up right here!"

Smiles and nice words won't do much for you, in such a situation. Only well placed punches and kicks will. Better yet, a knife in your pocket too haha

Of course, I am realistic. I know that even Mr. Scheer is a Canadian Conservative, not an American or, God forbid, a Russian one lmao

A nice and polite and far too civilized conservative, in other words hehe

I doubt there will ever be anyone in Ottawa who would go as far as I'd want them on this... Maybe that's a good thing. I don't claim to know everything, I sure as hell am not the smartest guy even here on PH, let alone in a country of 35 million people...

It's just really, really, REALLY fucking frustrating as hell, watching this nonsense unfold...

Jun 2014
United States
It's not particularly unusual for a person to embrace conservative politicians in response to xenophobia. It's an old, tried and true party building tactic.

Reactions: The Man
Aug 2018
Vancouver
I wouldn't try to talk anyone out of voting for anyone this time around.

No one's hitting any home runs with me, but no one's pouring gas on a bonfire either.

I may avoid Cons and Libs simply because of the negative ads. I hate them so much. I would never want to vote for any party at any level that is campaigning on a governing platform of "look what goof this guy is".

Which is what the Cons did last time and both these parties are doing so far.

I think I'll have to choose between Greens and not voting.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
It's not particularly unusual for a person to embrace conservative politicians in response to xenophobia. It's an old, tried and true party building tactic.
It is also very USUAL for folks to grow up and embrace conservative ideas. Better than Lib IDEALS. The difference between "Progress" and "Progressive" is the difference between day and night.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
This isn't "xenophobia". Would you have accused people who hated Nazi Germany of "xenophobia", back in the 40s?

China is the modern version of the Nazis, my friend.

Complete with concentration camps for unwanted minorities:

Muslim women 'sterilised' in China detention camps, say former detainees
Searching for truth in China's 're-education' camps

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I wouldn't try to talk anyone out of voting for anyone this time around.

No one's hitting any home runs with me, but no one's pouring gas on a bonfire either.

I may avoid Cons and Libs simply because of the negative ads. I hate them so much. I would never want to vote for any party at any level that is campaigning on a governing platform of "look what goof this guy is".

Which is what the Cons did last time and both these parties are doing so far.

I think I'll have to choose between Greens and not voting.
Green is basically throwing your vote away, anyhow, though... I mean, they never get more than 1% or whatever regardless. They have only 1 seat, don;t they, and probably always will...

Jun 2014
United States
This isn't "xenophobia". Would you have accused people who hated Nazi Germany of "xenophobia", back in the 40s?

China is the modern version of the Nazis, my friend.

Complete with concentration camps for unwanted minorities:

Muslim women 'sterilised' in China detention camps, say former detainees
Searching for truth in China's 're-education' camps

I was in no way excusing China for their piss poor record regarding human rights. Just pointing out that Canadians of Chinese descent have equal rights to protest as do Canadians of any other ethnic background.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Green is basically throwing your vote away, anyhow, though... I mean, they never get more than 1% or whatever regardless. They have only 1 seat, don;t they, and probably always will...
They're overtaking the NDP, and this may be their breakthrough.

The NDP traditionally used to attract people who care about science, nature, education, unions and civil rights - and less about money.

Now they are for unions. Period.

Those abandoned voters went to the Liberals, but - like you and me - they may not do it again.

That leaves the Greens to collect them.