I'm F*CKED

Jul 2017
U.S.A.
The conscience of a guilty idiot?
Discuss.

Mueller report reveals how Trump reacted to special counsel appointment: 'I'm f---ed'
Trump first learned that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed Robert Mueller as special counsel from then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions during a meeting to interview candidates for FBI director in May 2017, the report said. Also present were Sessions' chief of staff Jody Hunt and then-White House counsel Don McGahn.
After Sessions delivered the news, "the President slumped back in his chair," the report said, citing notes from Hunt.

"Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm fucked," Trump said.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I am left wondering if what he meant by that was his fear that Mueller would find out about his shady monetary dealings? He has always been very protective about his taxes, money and financial dealings. More so than any collusion I think. The money trail is what he feared yet I didnt see anything about that in the report. That is what I found stunning.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I am left wondering if what he meant by that was his fear that Mueller would find out about his shady monetary dealings? He has always been very protective about his taxes, money and financial dealings. More so than any collusion I think. The money trail is what he feared yet I didnt see anything about that in the report. That is what I found stunning.
The SDNY is taking care of that. Mueller handed over evidence to them, from what I understand.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The SDNY is taking care of that. Mueller handed over evidence to them, from what I understand.
But if Mueller just said basically "a sitting president cant be indicted" what are the chances SDNY will be asked to wait until he is out of office to indict? I doubt seriously the SC would allow it.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
But if Mueller just said basically "a sitting president cant be indicted" what are the chances SDNY will be asked to wait until he is out of office to indict? I doubt seriously the SC would allow it.
I'm just saying that eventually all Trump's chickens are going to come home to roost. We'll still have lost our republic, but i think NY is determined.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
They can indict him and try him after he leaves office.
To me that is incredibly dangerous. We saw the extent Trump went in 2016, what would he do if he were cornered knowing he would face trial when he is out of office? I can only imagine the length not just he but his supporters might go to.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I'm just saying that eventually all Trump's chickens are going to come home to roost. We'll still have lost our republic, but i think NY is determined.
I agree NY is determined, but Trump potentially has time on his side. He is already in his 70s. A trial when he is out of office is likely to drag on. I suspect he would play the "mentally incompetent" card if he got that far. Plus many already made that easy for him by claiming he is already mentally unstable. In an extreme case, its possible he wouldnt even be fit to stand trial.