I'm watching the inaugural AAF game.

Jun 2014
United States
Man, I was completely unaware of the existence of the AAF.
Interesting - Looks like they play through April ...
Alliance of American Football

Hopefully none of those boys are kneeling during the anthem! ;)

I just hope they survive. Money is kind of tight. This could be the one professional sport that I'd actually be interested in following. They make an effort to feature players who were on local college teams but didn't quite make it in the NFL. Ticket prices are very reasonable. I'm considering attending a game or two when the weather is good.

May 2013
Boise, ID
I just hope they survive. Money is kind of tight. This could be the one professional sport that I'd actually be interested in following. They make an effort to feature players who were on local college teams but didn't quite make it in the NFL. Ticket prices are very reasonable. I'm considering attending a game or two when the weather is good.
Never know Swim, about the only things of interest to a lot of sports fans this time of year might be the run up to and start of the NBA playoffs. But I'm not seeing channels to view that are recognizable other than CBS Sports Network (which I dump right after CFB season is over).

Jun 2014
United States
Never know Swim, about the only things of interest to a lot of sports fans this time of year might be the run up to and start of the NBA playoffs. But I'm not seeing channels to view that are recognizable other than CBS Sports Network (which I dump right after CFB season is over).

I think CBS has exclusive television rights. The games I've watched so far have been pretty good. I'm not really a "sports fan". I couldn't care less for watching basketball or baseball. I'm basically just a CFB fan when it comes to sports.

May 2013
Boise, ID
I think CBS has exclusive television rights. The games I've watched so far have been pretty good. I'm not really a "sports fan". I couldn't care less for watching basketball or baseball. I'm basically just a CFB fan when it comes to sports.
Yeah CFB is my primary interest as well although I watch a little golf, hoops during playoff and MLB during playoffs. Going through withdrawals already!

Per my link to schedule, see that NFL Network has several games but never heard of BR Live .. Will definitely keep an eye on it. As you say, there are SO many great players who just don't make it - and they're players of definite note. See that Chanceller James from BSU is playing DB for Salt Lake. He was surprisingly waived by the SF 49ers and is REALLY good.

AAF 2019 rosters: Here's a look at every player for all eight teams in the Alliance of American Football

Jun 2014
United States
Yeah CFB is my primary interest as well although I watch a little golf, hoops during playoff and MLB during playoffs. Going through withdrawals already!

Per my link to schedule, see that NFL Network has several games but never heard of BR Live .. Will definitely keep an eye on it. As you say, there are SO many great players who just don't make it - and they're players of definite note. See that Chanceller James from BSU is playing DB for Salt Lake. He was surprisingly waived by the SF 49ers and is REALLY good.

AAF 2019 rosters: Here's a look at every player for all eight teams in the Alliance of American Football

These days, if you want to watch something, there's usually a way to do it. I was visiting one of my daughters out of state during an Alabama game once and found it streaming live on YouTube.

May 2013
Boise, ID
These days, if you want to watch something, there's usually a way to do it. I was visiting one of my daughters out of state during an Alabama game once and found it streaming live on YouTube.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. Would really love this to succeed. This time of year is a total dead zone for sports fans. Hoping ESPN will start picking it up!

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I hope they can make it work. It'll be real interesting if the XFL does indeed come back in 2020. I can't see there being enough interest for two spring leagues.

Long term, I still think the big play is for the AAF to partner with the NFL and become an official minor league. A lot of details would have to be worked out, especially between the league and the union, but that would come as close to guaranteeing solvency as they'd see. It worked for the NBA and the D League, now G League, but basketball is cheaper to run than football.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
The league has suspended operations but two AAF players have signed on with NFL teams already. First, it was cornerback Keith Reaser who accepted an offer from the Chiefs and now the league's top receiver, Rashad Ross, has signed with the Panthers.