Immigrant teens beaten and shackled naked for days at Virginia detention center, laws

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Immigrant teens beaten and shackled naked for days at Virginia detention center, lawsuit says
By Laura Clawson

"Guards at a Virginia juvenile detention center that holds some young immigrants appear to be determined to re-enact Abu Ghraib, based on federal court filings. About half the kids detained at the center are undocumented immigrants who face radically worse treatment than the local kids who are the other half. The immigrant teens, some of them as young as 14, face beatings and being shackled naked for days at a time:

“When they couldn’t get one of the kids to calm down, the guards would put us in a chair — a safety chair, I don’t know what they call it — but they would just put us in there all day,” the teen said in a sworn statement. “This happened to me, and I saw it happen to others, too. It was excessive.”

"A 15-year-old from Mexico held at Shenandoah for nine months also recounted being restrained with a bag over his head.

“They handcuffed me and put a white bag of some kind over my head,” he said, according to his sworn statement. “They took off all of my clothes and put me into a restraint chair, where they attached my hands and feet to the chair. They also put a strap across my chest. They left me naked and attached to that chair for two and a half days, including at night.”

################################################################################

That is an utter OUTRAGE! It is an INHUMANITY! How on earth can children be treated that way by the Trump Administration? Yet they are as per those sworn testimonies. Someone needs to be held responsible for the treatment of those kids while under their care. They could have very well suffocated and died. This is America, not some third-world country we're living in. Although, the more we hear about incidences like this occurring we can well begin to wonder if we have not joined and become one of those third-world countries ourselves that we like to criticize and condemn. Under the circumstances, I don't see how it can come any closer.

Reactions: 5 people

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
And there is this.

In New York City, children who were separated from their families were brought to a Manhattan foster care organization in the dead of night early Wednesday morning. Video broadcast by the local news channel Spectrum News NY1 shows five girls being ushered into a foster care facility in East Harlem run by Cayuga Centers just before 1 a.m. An hour later, several girls were filmed leaving the facility with their heads covered, as they were ushered into a car. The video prompted outrage from New York mayor Bill de Blasio, who questioned how the federal government could be holding separated children without telling city officials.
https://www.democracynow.org/2018/6/21/headlines/migrant_children_secretly_transported_to_nyc_foster_care_in_dead_of_night

What in God's name is being done in our names?!

Reactions: 5 people
Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
That TIME Magazine cover showing a towering Trump looking down at the little girl in red just goes to show that it has become a David and Goliath state of affairs. That little girl, small and frail was the one who was primarily responsible for helping to raise TEN MILLION DOLLARS and now even more for the child and parent immigrant cause! Trump may be tall and ominous looking over her but her small stature reaches even greater heights that may have well shocked him when he heard of how much money she helped to raise. May God bless her!

Reactions: 1 person

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
Believing DailyKos?

They don't have a time frame. They didn't ask the center/government for a comment or their side or mention it in the story. Anyone reading that trash is not better informed, but instead exposed to propaganda.

Let us know how the actual law suit goes, because DailyKos is a shit source.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
That TIME Magazine cover showing a towering Trump looking down at the little girl in red just goes to show that it has become a David and Goliath state of affairs. That little girl, small and frail was the one who was primarily responsible for helping to raise TEN MILLION DOLLARS and now even more for the child and parent immigrant cause! Trump may be tall and ominous looking over her but her small stature reaches even greater heights that may have well shocked him when he heard of how much money she helped to raise. May God bless her![/QUOTE

She has already made the cover of Time magazine.

to raise that much money, cause Trump and the Republican Congress to shake in their boots, she will go down in History! Much like Rosa Parks , the kids sitting in the lunch rooms andthose walking in the school room door, under Armed Guards.

She makes Trump look tiny in more ways than one.

Reactions: 2 people
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Believing DailyKos?

They don't have a time frame. They didn't ask the center/government for a comment or their side or mention it in the story. Anyone reading that trash is not better informed, but instead exposed to propaganda.

And you really think this is the end of the lawsuits? Buster,you ain’t seen nothing yet!

Reactions: 2 people

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Believing DailyKos?

You have no problem with racist crap from Breitbart being spewed here daily by your buddies, so do let favor, mr. so-called "Admin", and STFU about the OP sources.

Reactions: 3 people

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
And you really think this is the end of the lawsuits? Buster,you ain’t seen nothing yet!
Any whacked Leftists can file a lawsuit and screw up our court system. We see it all the time. If you have a better source for these beatings and treatement; I'll take another look. It would be horrible.

You all will need a better source to be taken seriously. I remember some here crying about a crap source in Breitbart, but the same people have no issue with DailyKos? Seriously? That's just intellectually dishonest. I don't use either.