Impasse Blocks Effort to Fix Calif. Double-Voting Loophole

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Jan 2014
California
Ok... Let's start with California's 10th district, which was won by a Democrat (Harder) by 52.25% vs. 47.75%.

Source

Furthermore, the 10th district has a fairly long history of electing democrats.

This seems to run against your narrative of "republican districts where the republicans were polling ahead, only to miraculously lose." They were neither Republican districts, nor were the Republicans polling ahead.

So let's look at the 21st district, won by a Democrat by 50.4% vs. 49.6%.

It's a bit much to quote, but if you read here, it clearly says that almost all of the polls favored the Democrat.

And like the previous example, the 21st district ALSO has a history of electing democrats.

You can click the links - confirm what I've said. Now before I waste any more time, did you want to stand by your claims regarding the 25th, 39th, 45th, 48th, and 49th districts? You were clearly wrong about the first two; they were neither Republican districts, nor did the polls wrongly predict the outcome.
Mr. Djinn,

Your long history of electing democrats in the 10th was because it was redistricted. Since its redistricting, only Jeff Dunham held the office.

And in the primary, Republicans garnered 52% of the vote, with the closest Democrat just barely edging out the third place Republican. This election very well could have been between two Republicans

With regard to polling, three showed they were either tied, or within the margin of error, with one clearly showing Dunham strongly in the lead.

2018 California's 10th congressional district election - Wikipedia

With regard to California's 21st district, if by "also, has a history of election democrats," you mean "from 1963 to 1981, a democrat held that seat, but it has been held by a Republican since then," you are correct.

But I am glad you brought that one up. It is a good example of how democrat dirty tricks stole the election. The Republican beat the Democrat 63% to 37% in the primary, but since they were the only two candidates running, they faced each other again in the general election. Polling showed the Republican in the lead 50% to 39%. In the end, the democrat won by less that 1000 votes.

2018 California's 21st congressional district election - Wikipedia

By the by, I clicked on your links. That is where I got the evidence to shoot you down. I guess I should be saying "thanks"?

Jan 2014
California
Right. I know its hard for others to understand why the state that gave you Reagan turned solid blue but you might want to look up Prop 187 and Pete Wilson. After that, the right was doomed.
Mr. God,

Got anything recent? I mean since the Democrats took complete control and put in measures to ensure that only democrats get elected?

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
All of the ones the Dems flipped.
You mean like when that traitorous Putin lover Dana Rohrabacher was kicked out of his district? Now there's guy who needs to be locked up. Oh and that other crook Darrel Issa

Last edited:
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
I don't know if this counts as a bribe but ...

When I lived in Marina Del Rey, the polling place was in the common building of the complex. And on election day, they put out a little spread. Some Danish, some fruit and coffee and juice. So we got little trays of continental breakfast and filled out our ballots.

I never missed an election.

But then when I moved to the Valley Of The Moon, my polling place was at a school.

And they didn't give me shit.

So now I vote by mail. The Registrar marks my name off the list and, if I show up at the polling place, they tell me to go home.

Not that I'd go there. No raspberry turnover, no me.
Not only no food in my Napa precinct, but the Republican observers were all over, asking questions and harassing the voters. We now have mostly mail in here.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Mr. Djinn,

Your long history of electing democrats in the 10th was because it was redistricted. Since its redistricting, only Jeff Dunham held the office.

And in the primary, Republicans garnered 52% of the vote, with the closest Democrat just barely edging out the third place Republican. This election very well could have been between two Republicans

With regard to polling, three showed they were either tied, or within the margin of error, with one clearly showing Dunham strongly in the lead.

2018 California's 10th congressional district election - Wikipedia

With regard to California's 21st district, if by "also, has a history of election democrats," you mean "from 1963 to 1981, a democrat held that seat, but it has been held by a Republican since then," you are correct.

But I am glad you brought that one up. It is a good example of how democrat dirty tricks stole the election. The Republican beat the Democrat 63% to 37% in the primary, but since they were the only two candidates running, they faced each other again in the general election. Polling showed the Republican in the lead 50% to 39%. In the end, the democrat won by less that 1000 votes.

2018 California's 21st congressional district election - Wikipedia

By the by, I clicked on your links. That is where I got the evidence to shoot you down. I guess I should be saying "thanks"?
There was only one poll conducted in the 21st district. That one poll was wrong. Is it so far-fetched to believe that a single poll got it wrong?

Jan 2014
California
There was only one poll conducted in the 21st district. That one poll was wrong. Is it so far-fetched to believe that a single poll got it wrong?
Mr. Djinn,

Way to blow off all the other issues I presented, then countering with "well, ugh, duh, dat poll were wrong."