In a blistering rebuke Judge Jackson has denied the DOJ’s request for stay on Don McGahn testimony.

Sep 2013
On a hill
And? You've got the wrong Jackson anyway. This is the one:

I did. Two women judges appointed by Obama named Jackson - that'll teach me to assume...

Jackson was rated Unanimously Qualified for the nomination by the American Bar Association. Hearings on Jackson's nomination were held before the Senate Judiciary Committee on December 12, 2012. Jackson's nomination was returned to the president at the sine die adjournment of the 112th United States Congress on January 3, 2013. President Obama resubmitted Jackson's nomination on January 4, 2013, and her nomination was reported by U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) on February 14, 2013. Jackson was confirmed on a voice vote of the U.S. Senate on March 23, 2013, and she received her commission on March 26, 2013.[2][9][10][11]

This Jackson was considered for the Supreme Court.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59
Sep 2013
On a hill
Andrew McCarthy is a former DA from

Too bad you were not a former Prosecutor for the SDNY
Christopher Buckley, the author and son of the late conservative mainstay William F. Buckley, said in a telephone interview that he has resigned from the National Review, the political journal his father founded in 1955.

Mr. Buckley said he had “been effectively fatwahed by the conservative movement” after endorsing Barack Obama in a blog posting on TheDailyBeast.com; since then, he said he has been blanketed with hate mail at the blog and at the National Review, where he has written a column.

As a result, he wrote to Richard Lowry, the editor of the National Review, and its publisher, Jack Fowler, offering to resign, and “this offer was rather briskly accepted,” Mr. Buckley said.

Mr. Buckley said he did not understand the sense of betrayal that some of his conservative colleagues felt, but said that the fury and ugly comments his endorsement generated is “part of
the calcification of modern discourse. It’s so angry.” Paraphrasing Ronald Reagan’s quote about the Democrats, Mr. Buckley added, “I haven’t left the Republican Party. It left me.”

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
With respect to the first factor, “t is not enough that the chance of success on the merits [is ] better than negligible .” Id. (internal quotation marks and citation omitted) . Instead , it must be “substantial [.]” Washington Metro. Area Transit Comm ’n v. Holiday Tours, Inc. , 559 F.2d 841, 843 (D.C. Cir. 1977) . Indeed, a party seeking a stay pending appeal must “ raise[] questions going to the merits so serious, substantial, difficult [,] and doubtful, as to make them a fair ground for litigation and thus for more deliberative investigation .” :lol:

• Love
Reactions: the bull59