In kingdom, Saudi prince's coup 'fails'

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10

Old Bandar Bush made an error??

Actually I heard on a radio show yesterday that he wants to move the Saudi Kingdom in line with Russia, something that just may happen anyway. The US has become a burden on the Saudi's and our dollar has crippled them. Also the way Obama is tossing bombs in the area and murdering civilians, I do not think the Saudi's neither trust him nor have much love for the guy.

Nov 2007
NE Wisconsin
[quote name='michaelr' date='05 August 2009 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1249486223' post='262']

Old Bandar Bush made an error??

Actually I heard on a radio show yesterday that he wants to move the Saudi Kingdom in line with Russia, something that just may happen anyway. The US has become a burden on the Saudi's and our dollar has crippled them. Also the way Obama is tossing bombs in the area and murdering civilians, I do not think the Saudi's neither trust him nor have much love for the guy.[/quote]

What are you talking about? What bombs is Obama tossing or civilians is he murdering in Saudi Arabia? What makes you think that the Saudi royalty don't trust Obama?

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
[quote name='Bourne' date='05 August 2009 - 09:31 AM' timestamp='1249489898' post='275']

What are you talking about? What bombs is Obama tossing or civilians is he murdering in Saudi Arabia? What makes you think that the Saudi royalty don't trust Obama?

[/quote]

I said in the area.

Nov 2007
NE Wisconsin
[quote name='michaelr' date='05 August 2009 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1249490045' post='280']

I said in the area.

[/quote]

In what area other than the war zones of Iraq and Afghanistan?

And I'll ask you again, what proof do you have that the Saudi royals don't trust Obama?

Dec 2006
Phoenix AZ
[quote name='Bourne' date='05 August 2009 - 09:46 AM' timestamp='1249490793' post='287']

In what area other than the war zones of Iraq and Afghanistan?

And I'll ask you again, what proof do you have that the Saudi royals don't trust Obama?

[/quote]

Its not trust that is the issue. Pres. Obama has been measured and found wanting. The one nation on whom Pres. Obama is leaning is Israel, and Pres. Obama is attempting to be friends with former enemies. This goes against a long time Islamic concept of friendship and anmity. The friendship of the US holds little meaning, little value, and the enmity of the US holds little danger. It is a foolish man who treats his enemies as his friends.

Nov 2007
NE Wisconsin
[quote name='ArizonaIrish' date='05 August 2009 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1249491273' post='291']

Its not trust that is the issue. Pres. Obama has been measured and found wanting. The one nation on whom Pres. Obama is leaning is Israel, and Pres. Obama is attempting to be friends with former enemies. This goes against a long time Islamic concept of friendship and anmity. The friendship of the US holds little meaning, little value, and the enmity of the US holds little danger. It is a foolish man who treats his enemies as his friends.

[/quote]

That's a load of gibberish. Trust and respect are precisely the issue. I have yet to see any proof that the Saudi royals do not trust or respect Obama.

Dec 2006
Phoenix AZ
[quote name='Bourne' date='05 August 2009 - 10:13 AM' timestamp='1249492382' post='301']

That's a load of gibberish. Trust and respect are precisely the issue. I have yet to see any proof that the Saudi royals do not trust or respect Obama.

[/quote]

Repsect and trust are earned, not given. Pres. Obama has earned neither in the middle east. His historically inaccurate apologies may be pleasing but gain neither trust or respect.

His desire to abandon Iraq to its fate does question the reliability of the US, just is it did in 1992 and 1993 when the uprisings against Saddam, encouraged by the US, were so brutally put down.

Nov 2007
NE Wisconsin
[quote name='ArizonaIrish' date='05 August 2009 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1249493455' post='314']

Repsect and trust are earned, not given. Pres. Obama has earned neither in the middle east. His historically inaccurate apologies may be pleasing but gain neither trust or respect.

His desire to abandon Iraq to its fate does question the reliability of the US, just is it did in 1992 and 1993 when the uprisings against Saddam, encouraged by the US, were so brutally put down.

[/quote]

Sounds suspiciously like the Saudis trust, respect and like us...

To our friends in the media, I would like to say that our meeting was productive and fruitful. Our two nations have been friends and allies for over seven decades. We have seen the coming and breaking of many storms. Over time, our relationship has grown stronger, broader, and deeper. And our discussion today reflected the maturity of this relationship. It was frank, honest, and open, as discussion between friends must be.

Today, our two nations are working closely to promote peace between Palestinians and Israelis, to encourage reconciliation in Lebanon, to stabilize Pakistan and Afghanistan, to combat terrorism, and to emphasize the need for Iran to adhere to its obligation under the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty. And we consult on many more political issues as well, as global economic matters, energy and the environment. We have a large commercial relationship that benefits both our people. As you can see, we have a long list of common challenges and opportunities ahead of us. And I can say that our common interests make it incumbent upon us to closely coordinate our efforts.

Given the large number of issues we deal with, our two nations established a Strategic Dialogue in 2005. The Strategic Dialogue was designed to institutionalize the relationship between our two relevant countries and it served its purpose well. Today, the Secretary and I discussed ways to enhance its productivity and to make it more relevant to the challenges our two nations face.

I would be remiss if I didn’t express our thanks and appreciation to President Obama and to Secretary Clinton for their early and robust focus on trying to bring peace to the Middle East. I expressed to the Secretary our view that a bold and historic step is required to end this conflict and divert the resources of the region from war and destruction to peace and development.
http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2009a/july/126829.htm

Dec 2006
Phoenix AZ
[quote name='Bourne' date='05 August 2009 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1249494162' post='322']

Sounds suspiciously like the Saudis trust, respect and like us...

[/quote]

Look at Saudi actions, not a Dept. of State press event. What to watch for:

1. the Saudis charting a more independent path policy wise.

2. more support for the Palestinians (none of the Arab states like the PA, but it is a hot button issue for their own populations), conflict can serve a purpose for the Saudis.

3. internal refrom of the Saudi government and society are slowed or stopped.

Note- Sec. Clinton, a leader in the Congress against the Dubhai ports deal, is not going to be trusted. Dubhai believe it had a deal, and one of the axles they had greased was Pres. Clinton, and when Sen. Clinton came out against the deal, they were stunned. They will see Sec. Clinton as one who makes self serving political decisions.

Countires don't have friends, countires have interests. It is a waste to try to get countires to like us.