In-N-Out burger owner wants to build the "Kingdom of God"

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Hadnt realized this chain was a religious one. Still have yet to try one of their burgers.

At just 37 years old, she’s the owner and president of the iconic West Coast chain In-N-Out Burger, estimated by Forbes to be worth $3 billion. Snyder is also beloved by her employees: 2019 Glassdoor ratings have In-N-Out at #3, while Synder is rated the #3 CEO.

Today, Snyder incorporates the biblical principles of trust, care, coaching and excellence into her role as owner of In-N-Out, founded by her grandparents, Harry and Esther Snyder, in 1948. She told CP that she strives to “maintain what we’ve started with: Not compromising the quality of product, service, or standards.”

Driven by a desire to help build the Kingdom of God, Snyder launched the ministry Army of Love, which stemmed from a “vision borne in a painful time in my life.”

“I knew that I would be a part of a ministry that would unify the body of Christ into soldiers who would reach out to one another and to the lost in the last days,” Snyder said. “Many people attend church, but the pool of discipleship is shallow, so I saw training modules online to disciple people and take them deeper than they may have gone attending church or Bible study. I envisioned this Army uniting various ministries and supporting churches and organizations.”

Determined to see her vision become reality, Snyder filed for the nonprofit tax-exemption and waited for over a year. During this time, she met her now-husband, Sean Ellingson. Right after the two got married, the government filing was approved. We currently have people enlisted in the mentored online discipleship training and have been partnering with the ministry of Teen Challenge to assist their staff and students to be more unified, equipped, and set free to serve more effectively.”

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I didn't know, either. I had never heard of Teen Challenge before and it looks like they have a pretty good success rate but they have been accused of abuse at their rehabilitation camps.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I didn't know, either. I had never heard of Teen Challenge before and it looks like they have a pretty good success rate but they have been accused of abuse at their rehabilitation camps.
We dont have any of their restaurants yet up here. I saw the owner on my local news yesterday and was pretty shocked. I had read where they believe in very strict and some say, punitive measures to get results. She appeared to me to be cult like. I never would have guessed she owned the chain.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
In and Out doesn't franchise outside the family. Everyone who owns one of their locations is a member of that extended family, from what I understand. It's unlikely to move quickly beyond the West Coast if they retain that model.

People can do what they want to with their money.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
In and Out doesn't franchise outside the family. Everyone who owns one of their locations is a member of that extended family, from what I understand. It's unlikely to move quickly beyond the West Coast if they retain that model.

People can do what they want to with their money.
Wow thats pretty unusual. Interesting. Us East Coasters hear about them all the time but we havent had them here yet. But everyone says when you travel there you must try them.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Hadnt realized this chain was a religious one. Still have yet to try one of their burgers.

At just 37 years old, she’s the owner and president of the iconic West Coast chain In-N-Out Burger, estimated by Forbes to be worth $3 billion. Snyder is also beloved by her employees: 2019 Glassdoor ratings have In-N-Out at #3, while Synder is rated the #3 CEO.

Today, Snyder incorporates the biblical principles of trust, care, coaching and excellence into her role as owner of In-N-Out, founded by her grandparents, Harry and Esther Snyder, in 1948. She told CP that she strives to “maintain what we’ve started with: Not compromising the quality of product, service, or standards.”

Driven by a desire to help build the Kingdom of God, Snyder launched the ministry Army of Love, which stemmed from a “vision borne in a painful time in my life.”

“I knew that I would be a part of a ministry that would unify the body of Christ into soldiers who would reach out to one another and to the lost in the last days,” Snyder said. “Many people attend church, but the pool of discipleship is shallow, so I saw training modules online to disciple people and take them deeper than they may have gone attending church or Bible study. I envisioned this Army uniting various ministries and supporting churches and organizations.”

Determined to see her vision become reality, Snyder filed for the nonprofit tax-exemption and waited for over a year. During this time, she met her now-husband, Sean Ellingson. Right after the two got married, the government filing was approved. We currently have people enlisted in the mentored online discipleship training and have been partnering with the ministry of Teen Challenge to assist their staff and students to be more unified, equipped, and set free to serve more effectively.”

He's worth 3 billion? Why doesn't he just give his employees a raise instead of trying to play god?