In Tense Exchange, Trump and Macron Put Forth Dueling Visions for NATO

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
LONDON — A once-cordial relationship between President Trump and President Emmanuel Macron of France devolved in a dramatic fashion on Tuesday, as the two leaders publicly sparred over their approach to containing the threat of terrorism and a shared vision for the future of NATO, a 70-year-old alliance facing existential threats on multiple fronts.
In a lengthy appearance before reporters, the president met a cool reception from Mr. Macron, whom earlier in the day Mr. Trump had derided as “very insulting” for his recent remarks on the “brain death” of the alliance. When asked to address his earlier comments on the French leader, Mr. Trump, a leader averse to face-to-face confrontation, initially demurred, but Mr. Macron was direct.

trying to find video
*edit ..found one.

Last edited:
Reactions: DairyHeiress

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
after watching the video I agree that parts of the press conference was "tense". Especially, the part where Trump appeared to be joking and terrorist. WTF was that? But, the most striking thing is how Trump thinks shaking down our allies plays well in the middle of being impeached for shaking down an ally.

Last edited:
May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
after watching the video I agree that parts of the press conference was "tense". Especially, the part where Trump asked appeared to be joking and terrorist. WTF was that? But, the most striking thing is how Trump thinks shaking down our allies plays well in the middle of being impeached for shaking down an ally.
Exactly. I saw this early this am.
Macron was about security against Russia and Islamic terrorism.
B/c Trump can see past his gilded stupidity he went back to his warped and fake news accounting.
Two different leaders.
Two wholly different priorities.
Only one POV is valid and all encompassing, while the other dipwad looked like an off-da-meds blithering idiot who in his native tongue couldn't seem to form a complete sentence. And that paired with 'WTF is that TIE all about!?!?' really didn't impress anyone, tho did I'm sure please Putin.