In the Pittsburgh area right now...

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
We have two, two-store home furnishing companies advertising "going out of business" sales. This, I do not believe, is a coincidence. This is what Obamanomics and the ACA is doing to the American economy, slowly killing off the small business community and (further) enriching corporations through over-regulation and QE. We have entered the permanent stagnation phase of economic development, just as the Eurozone countries did decades ago when they adopted similar policies. Why would anyone support such nonsense? Is the left so anti-capitalist that they would rather see us economically implode than remain a successful, capitalist economic system. Remember, as the collapse accelerates, who exactly it was who brought this malignant economic disease to our shores...
This entire economy is being shut down at a rapid and scary pace. Creating demand is something this criminal government can not have, the woes are just to powerful for THEM and THEM alone. They are continuing QE, they keep announcing that the fed will continue to "stimulate" the economy, then tell us lies about unemployment. As this goes on, you have record numbers on some sort of government assistance. As that goes on, and the dems are fully on board, you have massive cuts in those programs. See, you can't pay the banks for their free t-bills and assistance program too. Meanwhile the federal reserves spread sheet continues to grow, the dollar continues to tank. Hell the Chinese stock market dropped 2% over night on just the concerns of the dollar.

When more austerity for the banks is announced, and I suspect that will be in the Jan 7th dog and pony show over more debt, the cuts will be so bad that I expect riots, and then of course the government will step in to provide security, and that will be brutal.

What amazes me, is this shit plays out daily, right in our faces, and yet we are so bought into this 'repub bad, dems bad" or good bullshit that we lose sight of the real picture, and people are so dumbed down by this tactic that they lose the ability to connect some very simple and blatant dots. They will get it, and they will get it soon. Al the bad predictions that I made, and everyone came true, all be it incrementally, will be in our faces and it will be one ugly mess.

Aug 2012
Greenridge Free State
Wait. I thought the state of the economy was Obama's fault. Oh I get it. When a Republican President is in office, the economy is the responsibility of congress. When a Democrat is President, it's no longer the responsibility of congress. I'll let you know when my eyeballs stop spinning.
I haven't blamed it all on Obama.

I blame the spineless Congress.

All of them.

Reactions: 1 person

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Today, we come for your home furnishing... tomorrow your guns!
This entire economy is being shut down at a rapid and scary pace. Creating demand is something this criminal government can not have, the woes are just to powerful for THEM and THEM alone. They are continuing QE, they keep announcing that the fed will continue to "stimulate" the economy, then tell us lies about unemployment. As this goes on, you have record numbers on some sort of government assistance. As that goes on, and the dems are fully on board, you have massive cuts in those programs. See, you can't pay the banks for their free t-bills and assistance program too. Meanwhile the federal reserves spread sheet continues to grow, the dollar continues to tank. Hell the Chinese stock market dropped 2% over night on just the concerns of the dollar.

When more austerity for the banks is announced, and I suspect that will be in the Jan 7th dog and pony show over more debt, the cuts will be so bad that I expect riots, and then of course the government will step in to provide security, and that will be brutal.

What amazes me, is this shit plays out daily, right in our faces, and yet we are so bought into this 'repub bad, dems bad" or good bullshit that we lose sight of the real picture, and people are so dumbed down by this tactic that they lose the ability to connect some very simple and blatant dots. They will get it, and they will get it soon. Al the bad predictions that I made, and everyone came true, all be it incrementally, will be in our faces and it will be one ugly mess.
Then you have complete fools that mislead themselves because of a fucking vote they were duped into making, and that is very tragic.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I am so tired of The Obama treating the American public like his own personal ottoman! He has taken what was once a jewel laden lamp, rolled it up in a hand woven rug, and flushed it down a low flow toilet. We citizens are not just throw pillows for him to arrange cavalierly on the metal framed futon of life. Our vaulted great rooms should be littered with skylights letting in the warmth of the sun, not peppered with ceiling fans waiting to cut us to ribbons should we dare reach for the stars. In closing, he may think he's tabled our displeasure, but no man is a kitchen island... and one day soon he will see that the American people are the Scotchgard that protects the microfiber fabric of this nation from the staining power of government waste.

Reactions: 1 person
Aug 2012
I am so tired of The Obama treating the American public like his own personal ottoman! He has taken what was once a jewel laden lamp, rolled it up in a hand woven rug, and flushed it down a low flow toilet. We citizens are not just throw pillows for him to arrange cavalierly on the metal framed futon of life. Our vaulted great rooms should be littered with skylights letting in the warmth of the sun, not peppered with ceiling fans waiting to cut us to ribbons should we dare reach for the stars. In closing, he may think he's tabled our displeasure, but no man is a kitchen island... and one day soon he will see that the American people are the Scotchgard that protects the microfiber fabric of this nation from the staining power of government waste.
Nice to see the left cutting it up over family owned businesses closing and people losing their jobs. Is that really funny to you or are you just so overjoyed that Obama's plan to destroy the US economy is working that you can't keep that silly grin off your face to save your soul?

Nov 2011
Nice to see the left cutting it up over family owned businesses closing and people losing their jobs. Is that really funny to you or are you just so overjoyed that Obama's plan to destroy the US economy is working that you can't keep that silly grin off your face to save your soul?
You can't assume all the left would do that just because Boontito would. It's not fair to lump them all into the same category with him. Just sayin'. Fair is fair.