In Which Sarah Huckabee Sanders Lies About Lying

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
Video at the link

I don't get it. Is she required to lie? Just how damn dumb does she think the American people are?! She DOES realize we're not all Trumpkins, doesn't she?

He does the same damn thing by the way. Never answers for it, never admits to it.

This administration SUCKS.

REPORTER: Do you think your statement in August [2017, in the early days after we learned of the treason meeting] was accurate?

SANDERS: Uh, again, I know you want to get me into a back-and-forth on this conversation …

REPORTER: … You said something, we just want to know if it was accurate or not.

SANDERS: I know your goal is to engage me in a conversation about matters dealing with the outside counsel, and I’m not going to do that today.

REPORTER, INCREDULOUS: You said something from the podium. Was it accurate or not? That’s all we want to know.

YOU READY? YOU READY FOR THIS NEXT THING FROM SARAH HUCKABEE SANDERS? FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS, TRAYS IN UPRIGHT POSITION, ETC.

SANDERS: Again, I work day in, day out, and I believe, frankly, with the majority of you here in the room, I think y’all know I’m an honest person who works extremely hard to provide you with accurate information at all times. I’m gonna continue to do that.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
USA
The question of her honesty is a real one. It's quite possible that Trump lied to her and she repeated that lie. Does repeating accurately the lies of a liar make one honest? Or does honesty come from not putting up with being lied to?

Also, there's the key question: "For whom does she work?" Is the WH Press Secretary the employee of the president or of the American people? If she works for the president, then accurately repeating is lies is just public relations.

Nov 2013
NY
The question of her honesty is a real one. It's quite possible that Trump lied to her and she repeated that lie. Does repeating accurately the lies of a liar make one honest? Or does honesty come from not putting up with being lied to?

Also, there's the key question: "For whom does she work?" Is the WH Press Secretary the employee of the president or of the American people? If she works for the president, then accurately repeating is lies is just public relations.
i don't think so.
Her job is to tell the press what trump and his direct counsel tell her to tell the press.. and that what she does..
She does not - at any time - judge or adapt her information to the press based on her personal beliefs.. she says, what is expecting of her to say.
Imo. And by saying that, i mean that she knows more often than not that she tells things that are not factual.. she does that as her - dishonest and not very honorable - job, since she's working for the Trump administration.
Ans as she chooses to work fro that administration, every single day.. i have no compassion or feel sorry for her whatsoever.. she deserves any flak she receives on a daily base.

Nov 2013
NY
Video at the link

I don't get it. Is she required to lie? Just how damn dumb does she think the American people are?! She DOES realize we're not all Trumpkins, doesn't she?

He does the same damn thing by the way. Never answers for it, never admits to it.

This administration SUCKS.

She's not trying to talk to the American people, she pushes what she needs to push to support the Trump base.. everything coming out of the WH, is for the 38 % base.. which sadly is and will be growing,based on his approval rating. The drip, drip, drip of nonsense is working.. the GOP is turning towards him in total.

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
Sean Spicer did the same.

He also had the same tendency to treat the press as "less than," and they put up with his shit apparently over fear that their press pass could get yanked.

So here we are.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Richard Feynman: I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why I wonder why I wonder.

BigLeRoy: Why does Sarah lie? Why does Sarah lie about lying? Why does Sarah lie about lying about lying? Why does Sarah lie about lying about lying about lying? Why.....

Jan 2018
The greatest place in America, California
To get the job she, like all the others, had to swear loyalty/allegiance to tRumputin. So what she does is not lying it is altered facts.

RNG

Jan 2015
Left coast

That excuse would have worked for her the first hundred times or so that she was in that position. But if she hasn't figured it out by now, she's even dumber than the average Trumpanzee.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
She works for the president. The Press Secretary's job is to represent and clarify the president's program and agenda - though in this case, it is treated as a job to obfuscate what is really going on.