Injunction against Trump policy lifted in asylum case

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS

A federal appeals court has temporarily lifted a nationwide injunction against President Donald Trump’s effort to deny asylum to immigrants who enter the U.S. after passing through another country.

Acting at the request of the Trump administration, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals issued an administrative stay Tuesday night that put on hold the injunction issued Monday by San Francisco-based U.S. District Court Judge Jon Tigar.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Meanwhile while the left was all worried about sharpiegate, obama appointed judge tigar's ruling was overrulled by of all places the 9th circuit. the NINTH CIRCUIT.... Trump has remade the 9nth circuit the old standby for the left.

I agree with the ruling, you should be required to request asylum in the first country you hit first. This will cut down on fraudulent requests.

Sep 2016
My own world
From your link:"Tigar initially blocked the policy nationwide, but a Ninth Circuit panel pared back that injunction to cover only the Ninth Circuit states."

So the ruling still covers the Ninth Circuit which includes the border regions of California and Arizona but not the whole country. Asylum can still be sought in the Ninth Circuit States and anywhere else the State Courts have already stayed Trump's Executive Order.

Last edited:
Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Tigar is a POS Øbama appointee. He claimed in his Monday ruling that he had new information. He ignored the Circuit Court ruling by making his specious claim about new information and they quickly knocked him down again.

They should remove him from the case and I hope the DOJ motions the Circuit Court to do so.