Insuring Sea Rise

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
I'm not even following your posts at this point. What the temperature data SHOWS is that there has been NO plateau. I don't know how I can be any clearer than that. There has been no PAUSE in global warming. No one even talks about a 'pause' anymore, not after that sequence of years from 2014 to 2016.
Lmao... the pause lasted at least 18 years and includes those 3 years.

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu

Classic, when you don't like what the data says, change the calculations until you get the result you want.
Xiangdong Zhang, an atmospheric scientist with UAF's International Arctic Research Center, said he collaborated with colleagues at Tsinghua University in Beijing and Chinese agencies studying Arctic warming to analyze temperature data collected from buoys drifting in the Arctic Ocean.

"We recalculated the average global temperatures from 1998-2012 and found that the rate of global warming had continued to rise at 0.112C per decade instead of slowing down to 0.05C per decade as previously thought," said Zhang who is also a professor with UAF's College of Natural Science and Mathematics.

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
No they don't. You've bought into bullshit.
OK, I have posted video after video with local residents verifying what is abundantly observable in the footage. You are saying that what I have posted to be false, but you need to show us that it is false. You're saying that these roads only flood during storms? Well, you have not convincingly demonstrated this.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Please link where I've denied sea level is rising. I've pointed out over and over that it's been rising at 4 inches per century for 7500 years. Man didn't cause that, and we can't stop it either.
You do realize that you are claiming that sea levels have risen 25 feet in 7,500 years? That's your claim? Preposterous! We do have over 8 inches in last hundred years, though.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet

The now usual flooding on Miami Beach during king tides. Steve Rothaus MIAMI HERALD

The nuisance flooding that accompanies seasonal high tides in parts of the Miami area will become more common as sea level rises. Credit: Joe Raedle/Getty Images

People walk through a flooded street in Fort Lauderdale caused by a king tide. Many cities in South Florida have begun installing pumps and building sea walls to try and combat the rising oceans. PHOTO BY JOE RAEDLE/GETTY IMAGES

Apr 2012
East coast USA

The now usual flooding on Miami Beach during king tides. Steve Rothaus MIAMI HERALD

The nuisance flooding that accompanies seasonal high tides in parts of the Miami area will become more common as sea level rises. Credit: Joe Raedle/Getty Images

People walk through a flooded street in Fort Lauderdale caused by a king tide. Many cities in South Florida have begun installing pumps and building sea walls to try and combat the rising oceans. PHOTO BY JOE RAEDLE/GETTY IMAGES
That water you see is not clean, it's filled with garbage, oils from vehichles, and other nastys.
It ruins cars, lawns, homes, lives.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
And after those bold predictions, the rise in CO2 and temperature diverged. CO2 continued to rise rapidly while temperatures unexpectedly leveled off.
The year-to-year temperature rise isn't terribly consistent, but never was expected to be. It's true that people didn't specifically predict the handful of years when surface warming slowed a lot, nor the subsequent period when it accelerated, but notwithstanding that noise, the overall trend has been very close to the prediction.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
Basically, there were a few years when warming slowed to a trickle, and the denialist blogs hyped that to the types of people who favor such blogs. Then, when we got several much warmer years, they "forgot" to let their readers know we're right back on the trend line.

Reactions: 1 person