Interesting how non Texas residents seem to know Texas

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
Of course, in every state, you will find people who will agree/disagree with you. I've been to Texas a few times, and find it to be a dominant conservative state, which prides itself on independent and loyal Americans. My kind of people.

Yes, you will find Texans who don't want the wall. They may live in areas where they are not affected, or they could be fairly new, as many leftists have moved to Texas, escaping burdensome taxes. Somehow, though, they bring their "old" leftists ways with them.

I live in a blue state, but the county I live in is predominately conservative and generally votes Republican. Go further south, 30+ miles and you find most leftists. Go east of me and again it's conservative.

I think Texas has pockets of leftists, but the state is predominately conservative.

Nov 2013
NY
As a life long Texas resident, business owner and lover of all things Texas, I can tell you we won't go purple, we want the wall and you people who don't live in Texas don't know anything. Your liberal news wants to make it sound like we are all bailing on Trump but we are NOT! We are just as committed and in fact probably more so due to the lack of qualified politicians in your party. The wall isn't for keeping good people out. If you only knew how many die in tractor trailers every year including women and children. Sex trafficking, and drugs is at an all time high, The number of property owners on the border who reject the wall own the smallest amount of land. And the only reason Dems want to keep illegals coming in is to gain more votes. You would be surprised at the number of Hispanics in Texas who are republican. On a side note and with regard to republicans not being served in bars and restaurants in the USA because of their political associations, I hope you will remember that the Democratic Party did the same thing to our Black population requiring separate water fountains, sitting at the back of the bus, not being welcomed to eat in restaurants. I guess somethings never change.
Who's we ? You and Groucho Marx ?

Because that "we" is sure not "you Texans". So whomever you think you speak for, you don't know Texas.

Along the border, many Texans support President Trump but don’t want a wall

Many Texans who live along the U.S.-Mexico border support President Donald Trump, but their affection for the New York real estate mogul-turned-politician comes with a caveat:
They do not want a wall.

Some are concerned about losing private land to make room for the structure. Others warned that building a continuous wall could cause massive flooding. Still others spoke against the potential impact on wildlife, and the state’s natural landscape.
And many border residents said they had serious doubts that such a wall would succeed in reducing illegal immigration or drug smuggling — the primary justifications often cited by supporters.
Trump has done some good things with immigration, but he’s 100 percent wrong about the wall,” said Dob Cunningham, 83, a lifelong rancher and retired Border Patrol agent who owns hundreds of acres abutting the border in Quemado, north of Eagle Pass. I haven’t found anybody — and I know people from Nogales [Arizona] to Brownsville — who wants that wall.”
Statewide, 61 percent of Texans oppose building a wall, while 35 percent support it and 4 percent don’t know or declined to answer, according to a poll conducted in April by Texas Lyceum, a nonprofit leadership organization.
Although 10 of 15 Texas counties that touch the border went for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in the November presidential election, many of the people interviewed along the international boundary in late April described themselves as conservatives, and several said they voted for Trump.
So their beef isn’t with the president himself.
It’s with the proposed wall.

Read more here: Along the border, many Texans support President Trump but don’t want a wall

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
I'm originally from Texas and I do want a wall. Around the entire state.

Kidding. Welcome to the board Rightychris

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Who's we ? You and Groucho Marx ?

Because that "we" is sure not "you Texans". So whomever you think you speak for, you don't know Texas.

Along the border, many Texans support President Trump but don’t want a wall

Many Texans who live along the U.S.-Mexico border support President Donald Trump, but their affection for the New York real estate mogul-turned-politician comes with a caveat:
They do not want a wall.

Some are concerned about losing private land to make room for the structure. Others warned that building a continuous wall could cause massive flooding. Still others spoke against the potential impact on wildlife, and the state’s natural landscape.
And many border residents said they had serious doubts that such a wall would succeed in reducing illegal immigration or drug smuggling — the primary justifications often cited by supporters.
Trump has done some good things with immigration, but he’s 100 percent wrong about the wall,” said Dob Cunningham, 83, a lifelong rancher and retired Border Patrol agent who owns hundreds of acres abutting the border in Quemado, north of Eagle Pass. I haven’t found anybody — and I know people from Nogales [Arizona] to Brownsville — who wants that wall.”
Statewide, 61 percent of Texans oppose building a wall, while 35 percent support it and 4 percent don’t know or declined to answer, according to a poll conducted in April by Texas Lyceum, a nonprofit leadership organization.
Although 10 of 15 Texas counties that touch the border went for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in the November presidential election, many of the people interviewed along the international boundary in late April described themselves as conservatives, and several said they voted for Trump.
So their beef isn’t with the president himself.
It’s with the proposed wall.

Read more here: Along the border, many Texans support President Trump but don’t want a wall
You mad bro ?

Keep parroting that fake news if it makes you feeeeeeel better.