Investment in NoKo?

Jul 2014
midwest
Like I said, quite bizarrely, you don't seem to think I have any RIGHT to respond to insults coming MY way. Well, here's what I say to that: FUCK that. What the HELL is WRONG with you, Miller? Seriously?

There is something SERIOUSLY WRONG with you.
I already told you repeatedly what's wrong with you.

You have a serious crush on yourself.

You just can't. or won't stop telling every one about your deep affection for yourself.

Reactions: 1 person
Jan 2016
Colorado

You just can't. or won't stop telling every one about your deep affection for yourself.
Q1: Do you understand that the private sector pays MUCH higher wages and salaries than what is paid to teachers?

Q2: Are you aware that the state of Colorado has the LEAST COMPETITIVE teacher salaries in the entire nation?

Let's start right there.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio

Seriously our president does that and it doesn't bother you.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
midwest
Seriously our president does that and it doesn't bother you.
I would say that our president does not lack in self confidence.

But, I have never been a fan of him personally.

At least you admit that he's "OUR" president, unlike some of our members.

Who are crazy enough to say otherwise...

Jul 2014
midwest
Q1: Do you understand that the private sector pays MUCH higher wages and salaries than what is paid to teachers?

Q2: Are you aware that the state of Colorado has the LEAST COMPETITIVE teacher salaries in the entire nation?

Let's start right there.
OK, it must be VERY important to you so I'll admit it.

I'm fairly sure that you make more money than me.

Does that make it all better?

Is that what you want to hear?

At least we know what's most important to you: M O N E Y

Jan 2016
Colorado
OK, it must be VERY important to you so I'll admit it.

I'm fairly sure that you make more money than me.

Does that make it all better?

Is that what you want to hear?

At least we know what's most important to you: M O N E Y
Um, NO, I actually DOUBT that I make more money than you! I just spent the last 30 years of my life, roughly, TEACHING. Do you realize how truly ROTTEN a profession teaching really is, when it comes to PAY? I mean, that is what I was getting at, with those two questions! The 'Reverend' questioned whether I could even get another job, and whether anyone would offer me a raise over my last job. THAT was the insult. I am STILL not sure you understand what an INSULT that was.

I would not advise ANY young person to go into teaching today. It is a career for chumps. Americans, based on all the evidence, LOATHE, REVILE, and DESPISE teachers. I know teachers here in Colorado, teachers who work their asses off, who have gone ten years without a raise. That's how much people hate them, apparently.

So, see, you have missed the point, utterly and entirely, here. If I were to re-enter the labor market, and switch into the PRIVATE sector, I have LITTLE doubt that I could EASILY double the last salary that I was making as a teacher. And that is also what that parent was suggesting to me; and he is a HIGHLY successful entrepreneur, who runs a multi-million dollar high-tech company. I suspect that HE would be happy to hire me, if I wanted to go back to work. But I have no desire to. Maybe in another year, if I get bored, and if I get bogged down in writing my novel, which is what I plan on trying to do.....and which is why I will be leaving PH in the next week or two.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
You're really CLUELESS, you know that, Rev? My GPA in Graduate School was 4.0. Perfect. I received scores of 'Pass with High Distinction' on two of the four Theory and Field Exams I had to take while working towards my doctorate. On the two others, I received scores of 'Pass with Distinction'. The Department Secretary told me that no one had ever done that before, in the 110-year history of the Economics Department at the University where I matriculated. And you don't think that would be in demand in the marketplace today?

Are you just pretending to be this far, far out of touch with reality, Rev?

Your bragging about your credentials doesn't match what u post tho........ You claim to be so smart and educated but can't help lie about people and suggest people said thing they never said.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
You don't need to worry. I am very close to leaving this place entirely. I REALLY do have better things to do in my golden years than to argue with people like you and the 'Reverend'. What I stated there is an absolute fact. And I don't particularly give a flying French fart whether you believe that or not.

STOP LYING, ROY!

You promised to put me on ignore.

You promised to leave before and didn't.

No one believes you, Roy.

It's funny, you would rather stomp, tantrum, take your ball and go home rather than have an unconditional truce.

Be the change you seek.

Namaste.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
You NEVER seem to notice that I RESPOND to insults, rather than INITIATING them. Go back and look at post #37 in this thread, where the good 'Reverend' was suggesting that no one would be willing to offer me a higher salary in this economy. Do you understand that that is an INSULT?

I've been TEACHING for the last 30 years, very nearly. But before that, I worked for Hewlett-Packard and NASA. I've become known as a leader in the educational reform movement in America. I could START my own charter school tomorrow, and I would have parents lining up in droves to get their children in to my school. But I'm through with the education business. Frankly, America simply does not VALUE education anymore. Are both you and the 'Reverend' so thoroughly IGNORANT that you are unaware that most highly qualified teachers could EASILY double their salaries in the private sector? Are you THAT out of touch with reality? I've trained an entire generation of STEM students, and sent them off to the best universities in the WORLD, to places like Cambridge in Britain, to MIT and Stanford in America, to the University of Chicago, to Princeton, the Air Force Academy, the Naval Academy, West Point, and many to somewhat lesser but still highly respected institutions, like the Colorado School of Mines, Harvey Mudd College, the University of Colorado, and I could go on and on. Many of my former students are now working at such places as Google, Intel, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Apple, various universities, and even the National Security Agency. I have a plaque on my wall from Buzz Aldrin honoring me for my contributions in the area of STEM education in America. I've done my DUTY to America, WITHOUT serving in the military, as the 'Reverend' idiotically seems to think is somehow necessary to be a 'patriot'.

You're blind to the INSULTS that come MY way, and to which I am HAPPY to respond. That is YOUR problem, not MINE.

Stop Lying, Roy

I have a challenge for you, Roy.

For every unprovoked insult that I find that YOU initiated, you donate $100 bucks to Fisher House.

deal?

https://www.fisherhouse.org/

d00d, you literally mentioned me in a thread I wasn't in, Hurled an insult, and lied about me.

Tell me, 'educator', how are you the victim again?

Remember, YOU rejected an unconditional truce to be civil. You did, not me.