Iowa Poll: Deja Vu All Over Again.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Yes, with the internet it seems like we could hold the primaries on the same day without too much trouble. I really hate that Iowa, NH, and one of the Carolinas manage to weed out half the candidates before anyone gets a chance to vote.

Agreed on the Liz and Michelle ticket. Again, I find Brown to be the best choice for a lot of reasons, but I'm still seeing on Twitter where people are whining about Liz Warren not having the necessary "charisma" so I doubt they'd see any likable attributes in Brown either.

I really just want a good solid Democrat who can make better use of a Dem majority (assuming that happens which I think it will) than Obama did. I think his inexperience caused him to deflect too much to establishment Dems on healthcare, and what we got was an insurance company bailout.
I will NOT vote for Sherrod Brown. IF that is who the Democratic Party is going to nominate, I'm afraid I'm going to have to be looking for a third party candidate.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Why? He's very pragmatic.
His antediluvian views on trade are not that different from Donald Trump's! He is from the Dick Gephardt wing of the Democratic Party, and I have never had ANY use for that wing of the party. Benjamin Franklin wisely said that no nation has ever been impoverished by commerce, and Americans seem to be forgetting that.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I found this a little interesting....

this tells me that the average Iowa Democrat is.....
Never mind. I'll be nice.

But, they put Bernie in the second place slot as a front runner, even though he's not a Democrat - and couldn't even win the primary last time. Even quite possibly put Trump in the WH. Yet, they say Hillary Clinton would be a distractions, even though she won the primary and the majority vote. In fact, I wish they'd just stop offering up the false choice of Bernie Sanders. Since, again, he's not even a Democrat.

Did I mention Sanders isn't even a Democrat?

Perhaps it's time for Democrats to do something about Iowa having so much sway over the primaries. This is all the media wants to talk about. With pollsters providing them with this "false choice" narrative.

Consider this:

Iowa and New Hampshire wield too much influence. The US needs a national primary

See.....

I was trying to find a diplomatic way of saying this. We have a very diverse field emerging. Yet, according to Iowa voters the preferred candidates don't really reflect that.

Just seems like Deja Vu all over again.

Isn't it time for new polling and to switch the way we vote in primaries up a little?
Demographics will force the change in a very few years.

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
His antediluvian views on trade are not that different from Donald Trump's! He is from the Dick Gephardt wing of the Democratic Party, and I have never had ANY use for that wing of the party. Benjamin Franklin wisely said that no nation has ever been impoverished by commerce, and Americans seem to be forgetting that.
What exactly are Sherrod Brown's economic sins? I have a favorable impression of him overall but don't know his economic policies.

Jan 2016
Colorado
What exactly are Sherrod Brown's economic sins? I have a favorable impression of him overall but don't know his economic policies.
He thinks NAFTA was a terrible mistake. NAFTA was NOT a terrible mistake. Far from it. NAFTA was a resounding success.