IOWA Representative Steve King Thinks Red States Would Win New Civil War

Jan 2016
Colorado
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/18/politics/steve-king-facebook-meme-states-fight/index.html

Amazing. Why aren't Iowa voters OUTRAGED by this guy?!? I just don't 'get' it. He has a Confederate flag in his office. The ancestors of MANY of the people he represents would have fought on the UNION side in the Civil War. Fighting to free fellow human beings from the yoke and bondage of slavery. Many of them, like me, have ancestors that died in that war, seeking to end the EVIL of slavery in America, and now they have a representative who is clearly more loyal to the Old Confederacy than he is to the America of today. And now here he is, chuckling at the notion of a SECOND Civil War, and saying the red states would win this time around.

Why doesn't Steve King move to the Deep South, the heart of the Old Confederacy, and take up his white supremacist ideology there, and stop SHAMING the good citizens of Iowa? I think the enlightened state of Mississippi would be more his cup of tea, and just might welcome him.

Jan 2014
California
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/18/politics/steve-king-facebook-meme-states-fight/index.html

Amazing. Why aren't Iowa voters OUTRAGED by this guy?!? I just don't 'get' it. He has a Confederate flag in his office. The ancestors of MANY of the people he represents would have fought on the UNION side in the Civil War. Fighting to free fellow human beings from the yoke and bondage of slavery. Many of them, like me, have ancestors that died in that war, seeking to end the EVIL of slavery in America, and now they have a representative who is clearly more loyal to the Old Confederacy than he is to the America of today. And now here he is, chuckling at the notion of a SECOND Civil War, and saying the red states would win this time around.

Why doesn't Steve King move to the Deep South, the heart of the Old Confederacy, and take up his white supremacist ideology there, and stop SHAMING the good citizens of Iowa? I think the enlightened state of Mississippi would be more his cup of tea, and just might welcome him.
Mr. Leroy,

Hard to say. It is true that the majority of the military is located in red states, and the makeup of the military is mostly from red states. Most of the energy infrastructure is located in red states, as is most of the oil production and gasoline refining.

That being said, it is just an exercise in futility speculating about this. There will not be another civil war, at least in the near future.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
It's idiotic when the left does it, it's idiotic when the right does it. There is no civil war coming, and it wouldn't be a civil war it would be an insurection and treason on behalf of the out of power party.

Reactions: Hollywood
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.

The man is a fucking moron and best ignored.

Reactions: remington50