Iran Launches a Missile, Testing Trump’s Vows of Strict Enforcement.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
WASHINGTON — Iran conducted its first missile test since President Trump took office, American and Israeli officials said Monday, posing an early test of whether the Trump administration will make good on its promises to strictly enforce all aspects of the Iranian nuclear deal and a side agreement on missile testing.

The Iranian missile traveled about 600 miles, but its re-entry vehicle reportedly exploded before the flight was complete. It is unclear whether that was accidental or a deliberate detonation.

Israel’s United Nations ambassador, Danny Danon, accused Iran of violating a Security Council resolution passed in 2015, shortly after the nuclear accord was reached in Vienna.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/world/middleeast/iran-missile-test.html just got real. This wasn't even brought up at the press briefing today until a reporter asked about it. In response, Spicer said that the WH is aware of the launch and they were investigating it.

Blues63

Dec 2014
Tatooine
This is an interesting development. I need to find out more.

Murdoch's take on it:

Iran tests ballistic missile in defiance of UN resolution, US officials say | Fox News

Sabre-rattling?

'UN Security Council resolution 2231, which implemented the nuclear deal, also contained provisions calling upon Iran "not to undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using such ballistic missile technology."'

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/30/middleeast/iran-missile-test/

As an aside, this post reminded me of why I try to refrain from using Fox and CNN as primary sources-partisan spin machines, both of them.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
there was no peace in our time deal. Alternate facts.

You need to review your historical facts of you want to use them in analogy to current issues.
I'm pretty certain that the Peaceniks in the United Kingdom, felt as you do, when Prime Minister Chamberlain stepped off the plane, waving that piece of paper in the air.

They were wrong.

Just as you are.

This agreement has greatly enhanced Iran's ability to extend and support Terrorism. Since signing it, the Iranians have: Captured and paraded American Sailors and tested Advanced Ballistic Missiles, in violation of treaty. They still have weekly "Death to America" rallies.

Iran Breaches the Nuclear Deal and UN Resolutions for Third Time | The Huffington Post