Iran planning to send ships near U.S. waters

Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
Iran planning to send ships near U.S. waters - CNN.com

Iran planning to send ships near U.S. waters

-- Iran plans to send ships near the Atlantic coast of the United States, state-run Islamic Republic News Agency reported Tuesday, quoting a commander."The Navy of the Iranian Army will have a powerful presence near the United States borders," read the headline of the story, in Farsi.

Is this a farse ?
"Commander of the Navy of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran broke the news about the plans for the presence of this force in the Atlantic Ocean and said that the same way that the world arrogant power is present near our marine borders,
I would like to stage an incident and sink these bufoons.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I don't want an altercation but I sure would like to send a battleship group out that way just to have the photo op. of a side by side comparison between the U.S. Navy and the Iranian Navy.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
I don't want an altercation but I sure would like to send a battleship group out that way just to have the photo op. of a side by side comparison between the U.S. Navy and the Iranian Navy.
I recently posted an article that showed that China's new (to them) and first aircraft carrier has the capabilities of US carriers from the 1960's. I doubt Iran's one capital ship will do much.

Besides, there's no need to sink 'em. Just invite a few of their officers aboard ship for a beer and some pulled-pork sandwiches. Bring some strippers along. Iranians really know how to party.

Reactions: Stefan Bandera
Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
We no longer have any active battleships. The New Jersey was the last active battleship decomed in 1991. I would love to see the Jersey side up to the Iraniacs and just lower those 16 inch guns and watch the Iraians shit in their turbans.

Last edited: