Iran set to execute Christian cleric for refusing to convert

Mar 2010
Indiana
Amazing how the tyranny has come around full circle by the ones that were originally abused. How soon people forget and commit the same transgressions when they come into power. The same can be said of Israel although it's not this blatant.

Sep 2007
the state of confusion
Amazing how the tyranny has come around full circle by the ones that were originally abused. How soon people forget and commit the same transgressions when they come into power. The same can be said of Israel although it's not this blatant.
Isreal kills people because of their faith?

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
HenryPorter said:
Do be too quick to rush to judgement here, the teabaggers don't have their permanent majority.....yet. When they get it there will be changes.
That's ludicrous. American politics might be exhibiting some conservative trends at this particular moment. But overall society has gotten more and more progressive. The idea that any sort of theocratic regime, much less one that would actively persecute rival religions, would be empowered here is just unfathomable.

I mean no disrespect, but have a little bit more faith in the American people.

Reactions: wingrider
Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
That's ludicrous. American politics might be exhibiting some conservative trends at this particular moment. But overall society has gotten more and more progressive. The idea that any sort of theocratic regime, much less one that would actively persecute rival religions, would be empowered here is just unfathomable.

I mean no disrespect, but have a little bit more faith in the American people.
I do, well in about 50% of them. And this moment has been evolving for about 31 years.

Aug 2010
See you in a new existence!
That's ludicrous. American politics might be exhibiting some conservative trends at this particular moment. But overall society has gotten more and more progressive.
We'll see in 2012 if you are correct. I'm thinking the Tea Party and Religious Right aren't done trying to push the country as far right as possible until we resemble this theocratic ultraconservative state: Saudi Woman Sentenced To Lashings After Violating Driving Ban : NPR

Saudia Arabian woman driver sentenced to 10 lashes for defying ban on women behind the wheel - mirror.co.uk