Iraq vet beaten by teens who asked him if 'black lives matter'

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
This happens many times a day across America, yet gets covered up by the media.

An Iraq war veteran whose bravery inspired two statues says he was beaten by a group of teens in Washington, DC on Friday night after they approached and asked him whether 'black lives matter'.

Chris Marquez, 30, a decorated US Marine veteran, was eating in a McDonald's when the youths walked up and started questioning him, WJLA reported.

'I felt threatened and thought they were trying to intimidate me, so I figured I'm just going to keep to my food, eat my food and hopefully they'll leave me alone,' Marquez told the station.

The youths started calling him a racist, he said, but it was when he tried to leave the restaurant that things went badly for him.

The marine, who had survived ambushes in Fallujah at the height of the Iraq War, was taken unaware again — and this time he was unarmed and without backup.

One of the teens hit him in the head him from behind, knocking him to the floor, where the gang beat him savagely before robbing him. Marquez told police that one youth hit him in the head with a handgun.

Iraq vet Chris Marquez was beaten by teens who asked him if 'black lives matter' | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
Just another white religious guy assaulting kids:

Metro East church elder, choir director accused of sexually assa - KMOV.com

BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOV.com) -
A Fairview Heights church youth choir director is accused of sexually assaulting children.

Dennis Theurer, 66, led the children's choir at Edgemont Bible Church for years, police say. Theurer is charged with two counts of predatory sexual assault.

According to authorities, Theurer knew one of his victims over a five-year period. The incidents started in 2011 and ended in early February.

Authorities say Theurer resigned from his position as elder and youth choir director in mid-January.

Doug White, Pastor for Edgemont Bible Church says he could not be more disappointed with the former elder.

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Mr. Excalibur,

Sounds like a hate crime to me....

I mean, after all, the victims were all black, and the perpetrator of 400 years of oppression on them was white.
Only White People can be charged with hate crimes, because only White People are racist, and/or, hateful.

(One of the Pillars of the Liberal Faith....)

Snikitz

Former Staff
Mar 2011
Split between Minnesota and New Orleans
Mr. Excalibur,

Sounds like a hate crime to me....

I mean, after all, the victims were all black, and the perpetrator of 400 years of oppression on them was white.
Are you suggesting that the victim of the assault is responsible for 400 years of oppression?

Wouldn't he have to be about 400 years old?

I believe we need to move away from the blame game.

My wife isn't responsible for the Jim Crow laws that forced my mom to the back of the bus even if she is white.

Let's start letting individuals show who and what they are before we condemn them.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
Those kids that did the attack did not do it because they were black, they did it because they are poor, without direction, and have weak leadership. The thread title is fucked up. This is not a "black thing". This is a damn sociology-economic thing. Hispanic, White, Asian, etc... thugs do this crap, the focus on black is wrong, because it's not about their race, but about their situation.

I wish some of you grew up poor and saw this shit, instead you'll talk out of your ass like you know something about it.

There were two ghettos in Sacramento when I grew up. South Sacramento, where I lived which was pretty much black and Del Paso Heights / Rio Linda where was multi-cultural. The same shit happened in both places. There was no racial element, just a poor, terrible education element.

Last edited: